Clay pigeon cartridges

Hi guys, 

Now i know this may sound silly but here it goes anyway. I have decided to buy an arms a612 (after lockdown), and will start off with going to the clay ground. Can anyone give me any recommendations as to what cartridges are good at the clay ground? I have been clay pigeon many times before but because i didnt have a license prior to now it is always turn up and they provide everything you just shoot, whereas now i need to purchase everything i thought i would ask you guys and see what you recommend! 

1 minute ago, JTaylor91 said:

Cheapest 7.5s you can get locally. I’ve always used Hull Superfast. Just out of curiosity any particular reason you’re going for a semi auto? Just might get boring quickly having to pick cartridges up off the floor at every stand.

I'm a big fan of pigeon shooting and wild fowling as well so thought i would start of with the semi auto but will eventually get round to buying and o/u just for the clays

I prefer Hull Superfast to Lyalvle English Sporter. Both are available locally for similar prices, but the Lyalvale seem to be much hotter/dirtier. The Lyalvale cycled my brother's Hatsan much better than the Superfast oddly enough.

I'd fine one you can get cheap and stick with it. I've patterned a few and noticed a reasonable difference.

Hi

I have an a612, great gun for the money. I occasionally use it for clays keep the 1/2 choke in there for most things, but like others have said, you might have a more enjoyable time with 1/4.

It cycles 28g with no problems, I've never tried it with anything lighter, don't know if anyone else on here has, but I wouldn't go too light as it might struggle. Just enjoy yourself and don't worry too much about your hit/miss ratio. 

Cracking advice on here so far, cheapest carts you can get and 1/4 choke. You won't go far wrong with that. In fact it still suits me perfectly well. I'd only add take a few quid for a bacon roll and coffee also. 

Phone the clay site before you go and enquire re their carts, often they do a slab for about 40 quid but its worth knowing before you go and/or stock up as you can sometimes save a few quid.