Petition to get BBC to sack Chris Packham

Westley78

There have been various previous petitions to have him removed/unhired - and the BBC are well aware of them ........... but did nothing.  The new BBC top man will certainly be aware of them.  Some collected really quite large numbers of signatures - but his supporters also organised petitions calling for him to be kept on .......... and of course with the huge LACS/WJ/RSPB/ALF lot - they got masses of signatures.

On 14/11/2020 at 20:57, paulnix said:

Seems he is now grooming his step daughter for media work so even if he is removed his message will be getting through to his cult.

Interesting how he claims and says he's his step daughter. She's not! Never been married and she is the daughter of an exgirlfriend. How does that work?       NB

• 2 months later...

He has thousands and thousands of adoring fans , who think he is a valiant warrior for the cause. The BBC, just provide the platform , to allow him to preach his gospel to his believers.  He is a very knowledgeable man , and is fully entitled to his opinion, however misguided we believe him to be. 

What's wrong is , the total absence, of an equal  platform for people of a contrary opinion . 

30 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Not sure about that. He has some knowledge, but as many have pointed out - in many respects, he hasn't a clue about what he is saying. There is his skewed view of the world and no room for any other. 

May I respectfully  point out ,I am NO fan , however a Bachelors Degree in Zoology, has to be, and is recognized as  an achievement.

However, as you say, his application of such knowledge , pertinent to real life does leave much to be desired. 

There's no doubt he's an authority on British wildlife, especially birds, but I agree with Gordon. Being an expert on one topic doesn't qualify him to campaign against activities he doesn't fully understand such as fieldsports. Unfortunately he doesn't recognise his own limited knowledge of theses things and the BBC does nothing to rein him in - hence the petition. I think it's entirely likely that many of the urban based liberals who dominate the BBC share his uninformed views.

I think the only way we can score points regarding CP, is his hypocrisy as a supporter of Extinction Rebellion and the way by which he makes his living by flying people out at great expense to join him on guided holidays at many long haul destinations.
I’ve no doubt in his head he can justify them, but they are in direct contradiction of much of what he claims to believe in.