Petition to get BBC to sack Chris Packham

Westley78

2 hours ago, Salopian said:

The only way you will hurt Chris Packham is by not reading what he writes and by not watching his onscreen drivel.

Agreed. There have been so many threads and comments about the man on this forum just giving him more oxygen of publicity.

11 minutes ago, JDog said:

Agreed. There have been so many threads and comments about the man on this forum just giving him more oxygen of publicity.

Sadly not.  He has too big a following of clueless people (I won't say townies as I'm only on day 5 no longer being one) and too much influence to just be ignored.

He needs to be engaged with, even if he is not above lying and hiding behind autism as a defence.

1 hour ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Sadly not.  He has too big a following of clueless people (I won't say townies as I'm only on day 5 no longer being one) and too much influence to just be ignored.

He needs to be engaged with, even if he is not above lying and hiding behind autism as a defence.

And do you think that he will engage with this forum? I think not.

31 minutes ago, JDog said:

And do you think that he will engage with this forum? I think not.

I do not think that.  Why would I?

The BASCs, GWCTs, Rachel Carries and Charlie Jacobys of this world to engage him and challenge his rhetoric.

As Ian Botham pointed out in his Telegraph piece recently, he holds a lot of power, and the ear of the PM's fiancée.  He cannot just be ignored hoping he'll go away.

Every single assertion he makes, every single tweet, needs to be robustly but calmly and politely challenged by facts.  His mask is starting to slip, and people are growing increasingly wary of crusading 'slebs on the BBC dime (e.g. Gary Linekar).  This is not an impossible task, but a challenging one.

Remember, most people have never heard of Wild Justice, Mark Avery, etc.  But they definitely have heard of Kwis.

Fields sports Britain are also now make making a move and trying to raise funds etc to promote our way of life. I have never taken much notice of them before but there videos are interesting. Good on them I say. I also joined basc in December as in fairness they are also battling away. You can't just sit back and do nothing any more as the erosion from all angles is happening at speed. 

Up to us to help educate folk! With him being investigated and WJ now loosing 3 follower funded cases and achieving little. I think more  of the public see through him and them, and can see their real agenda is anti shooting, land ownership, political and has got nowt to do with conservation! . . . . .GWCT could really do with our help at the mo. They are facing a big shortfall as unable to get out and fundraise. They do a lot for shooting and conservation. Worth joining or spare what you can to help. Dr NO was gloating at the prospect of them going under.         NB

• 11 months later...
On 19/01/2021 at 17:37, Scully said:

I think the only way we can score points regarding CP, is his hypocrisy as a supporter of Extinction Rebellion and the way by which he makes his living by flying people out at great expense to join him on guided holidays at many long haul destinations.
I’ve no doubt in his head he can justify them, but they are in direct contradiction of much of what he claims to believe in. 

If ever a like button on here was needed!!