How to straighten an extractor?

flippermaj

I started a new thread as the old one was way down the list.  The original problem was fired cartridges in the right barrel where incredibly hard to pull out.

Okay an update on the problem!

i had a much closer look today after scrubbing the chamber yet again.  It appears that the problem is caused by the extractor.

With the barrels off the gun and the extractor duly seated flush with the chambers a fired cartridge will fit comfortably in both barrels and is easy to pull out.

Assemble the gun and try to insert the same cartridge into the right barrel and it is very tight, but at this point the extractor is fully extended so it appears the problem is with the extractor, I guess it is slightly bent some where???

Whats the fix, a new extractor?  If so is this a home job, I can only see one screw that may hold it in place?

cheers

flipper

Again looking further it appears the extractor when fully out is slightly twisted.  Looking at the photo you will see the top left corner is lower then the top right corner.   Can I knock this back into shape?   I guess a previous owner knocked it out of shape somehow?

B8C4DD2C-BD80-4687-A1E1-00A7D8815F0C.jpeg

undo the retaining screw and draw the 2 halves out...........it looks as if the top pin is bent ...it is unlikly that the bottom main slide is bent as it is quite thick........buying new extractor and slotting in is not an option as they have to be fettled to work perfict

start off by taking the 2 halves out first

1 hour ago, flippermaj said:

Yes when fully seated it looks fine, just off line at full extraction.  Will give the pliers a go tomorrow.

cheers

A little goes a long way, don't give her all you got! Wonder how it got that little bit twisted in the first place, an odd part to catch on something