Adverts in people's posts

Mr.C

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, because advertising on a social platform pays to who ever owns the above and for the running and maintenance of network, a lot of so called celebrities have made millions of £s by those who follow on their social platform by buying in to what is advertised, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

3 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, because advertising on a social platform pays to who ever owns the above and for the running and maintenance of network, a lot of so called celebrities have made millions of £s by those who follow on their social platform by buying in to what is advertised, 

so how come its happened today for the first time in all the years iv'e been on here ?

13 hours ago, figgy said:

I'm getting adverts covering the full page when I'm clicking to open a post.

It's getting silly now and very annoying, to the point I now spend a lot less time on here.

Yes, I know what you mean. I’m now getting ads which won’t let me proceed until I delete them. 

On 10/03/2021 at 16:24, Scully said:

Yes, I know what you mean. I’m now getting ads which won’t let me proceed until I delete them. 

Just came back on here,seen you qouted my reply. Clicked the prompt to view the thread, got another full page, as you say can't do anything until you delete it. 

Beyond a joke now, its spoiling a good forum 

8 minutes ago, figgy said:

Just came back on here,seen you qouted my reply. Clicked the prompt to view the thread, got another full page, as you say can't do anything until you delete it. 

Beyond a joke now, its spoiling a good forum 

im starting to get almost "ransom ads"....when i click from one section to another an ad (anything from guns to tools / welders etc) comes up and i cant transfer to the next section until i have dealt with it.......

what is annoying now is i cant go to the next section on the forum without OPENING the ad....it blocks my path until it has been dealt with and opened.........its almost like click bait...........the delete "X" is no longer there until you open the ad.........

its getting beyond a bloody joke this is

12 minutes ago, ditchman said:

im starting to get almost "ransom ads"....when i click from one section to another an ad (anything from guns to tools / welders etc) comes up and i cant transfer to the next section until i have dealt with it.......

what is annoying now is i cant go to the next section on the forum without OPENING the ad....it blocks my path until it has been dealt with and opened.........its almost like click bait...........the delete "X" is no longer there until you open the ad.........

its getting beyond a bloody joke this is

if I turn adblocker off I also get lots of ads, desktop PC.

Are you viewing from your phone? or PC?

41 minutes ago, old'un said:

if I turn adblocker off I also get lots of ads, desktop PC.

Are you viewing from your phone? or PC?

havnt got a mobile ...its on my PC..........i can cope with the day to day ads on the website....but this "click bait" type of ad is really screwing things up.........i dont like to be held to ransom by beretta ads and other shooting related stuff..that forces me to look at and open before i access other parts of the forum.................it tends to come and go and is most prevelant in the late afternoon evening

55 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Just click on the small X and close it down!

thats what used to happen........the X only appears now if you partially open the ad

4 minutes ago, ditchman said:

havnt got a mobile ...its on my PC..........i can cope with the day to day ads on the website....but this "click bait" type of ad is really screwing things up.........i dont like to be held to ransom by beretta ads and other shooting related stuff..that forces me to look at and open before i access other parts of the forum.................it tends to come and go and is most prevelant in the late afternoon evening

thats what used to happen........the X only appears now if you partially open the ad

what browser are you using?

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Becoming a bore now. Am getting a pop up ad’ from the Mirror regarding Richard Branson now, as well as all the others. Anything to be done? 

oooooo that sounds bad.................havnt had the mirror yet..im still getting ladies underwear and machine tools