Heads up scam

Walker570

Just received an e mail from a close friend asking for a favour. Now I smelt a rat staright away as she would not ask a favour by e mail but personally. 

It now, after ringing her husband on his mobile, appears to be a very sophisticated scam.  She has maybe a thousand contacts and has been inundated by phone calls from most of them as they hgad the same e mail. 

The favour was to buy a card from Amazon for £100 or £200 for her godson. 

Be careful out there.  I have contacted my Computer Guru to see his response as it may have infiltrated my computer. 

Had an automated phone call a couple of days ago purporting to be from Amazon saying that I had taken out a subscription to Amazon Prime and I should press '1' so that they could deduct the £79 from my bank account. I checked with Amazon and as I suspected, it was a scam. Amazon told me that they never telephone customers. What made me think was that I had placed an Amazon order a couple of days earlier and you are never sure that you have clicked the right buttons to avoid Prime. Amazon informed that this was likely a coincidence, but it's happened twice before.