Which 20 Bore? CG or Beretta

farmer7

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 16/11/2020 at 20:57, Dave at kelton said:

Oh dear...it doesn’t weigh 6lb or less, have double triggers or a straight hand stock.

Think I will muddle along with this old CG anyway.45DECDA2-688D-4E77-BEE5-D1A51ADFFA6E.jpeg.92ce70935a0bec1335ea0da69b0e497c.jpeg

I do like that. Is that a Maxum ? Lovely stock and thought has gone into it as the grain is straight through the hand for strength, but still with plenty of figure elsewhere. Lovely.

OB

On 16/11/2020 at 21:39, button said:

Think I could just about muddle on with that!🤣

Me too.

Farmer7, have you ever considered a 20g Macnab Highlander ? There`s one on Guntrader for £625 which is a good price. It was originally shown as a non ejector but this was queried and the advert has now been corrected to ejector as were all the Highlanders (I think).

If you want something a little better looking (same gun internally) then there`s a sideplate version, but more than double the price, but still a nice looking gun and made by B.Rizzini, the better of the Rizzini clan.

Worth a look.

OB

3 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

Me too.

Farmer7, have you ever considered a 20g Macnab Highlander ? There`s one on Guntrader for £625 which is a good price. It was originally shown as a non ejector but this was queried and the advert has now been corrected to ejector as were all the Highlanders (I think).

If you want something a little better looking (same gun internally) then there`s a sideplate version, but more than double the price, but still a nice looking gun and made by B.Rizzini, the better of the Rizzini clan.

Worth a look.

OB

Thanks OB, I'm not sure if I saw that one - I was looking at one a bit more expensive which looked very nice. However I was questioning myself and thinking why am I thinking of buying a 20! I've got choices as it is between heavy/light O/U's, several side by sides and several autos. I was just fancying a new toy! 

Cartridge choice for 20 bores is limited where I live and are significantly more expensive so I've just bought a poor man's P gun instead! (Read that as a Yildiz Pro!) Call me mad but I've been curious about them for a while so I bought a lightly used one on GT - just waiting for it to turn up now. Looks like a beautiful bit of wood on it. Hope it fits!

1 hour ago, farmer7 said:

Thanks OB, I'm not sure if I saw that one - I was looking at one a bit more expensive which looked very nice. However I was questioning myself and thinking why am I thinking of buying a 20! I've got choices as it is between heavy/light O/U's, several side by sides and several autos. I was just fancying a new toy! 

Cartridge choice for 20 bores is limited where I live and are significantly more expensive so I've just bought a poor man's P gun instead! (Read that as a Yildiz Pro!) Call me mad but I've been curious about them for a while so I bought a lightly used one on GT - just waiting for it to turn up now. Looks like a beautiful bit of wood on it. Hope it fits!

Let us know how you get on with the Yildiz, only seen pics and videos and they look very good, and even better when you look at the price, would love to see one in the flesh

13 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

Yep Maxum, with left hand stock and 28 bore barrels as well!

Oooh, left hand stock as well. Even better for this southpaw shooter. When you say 28 bore barrels ‘as well’ does that mean you have 20 & 28 bore barrels for it ?

When, or if, my numbers come up ( not much chance as I don’t do the lottery), that is the gun that I would aspire to, in 20 bore at any rate.
Thanks for sharing.

OB

2 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

Oooh, left hand stock as well. Even better for this southpaw shooter. When you say 28 bore barrels ‘as well’ does that mean you have 20 & 28 bore barrels for it ?

When, or if, my numbers come up ( not much chance as I don’t do the lottery), that is the gun that I would aspire to, in 20 bore at any rate.
Thanks for sharing.

OB

Yes two sets of barrels. One of the two reasons I bought it. So I don’t have to chop and change guns when I want to do a small bore day. Other was south paw.