Rant about time wasters

hodge911

I'm having a bit of a rant !! I don't understand WHY people waste sellers time .. 

I have a flip saw for sale on here and  is advertised elsewhere .

today at 6.30am I got a message asking if I would accept an offer on it . We eventually agreed on a price and he asked for collection details  and said he'd be here by 3pm to collect . It's now 9pm and still no show he's not answering calls or txts .

Yes there may be a valid reason 

or even if he no longer wants it that's ok but he could of at least sent a message to let me know ... what's happening.... he found time at bloody 6.30am this morning .... It's really starting to pee me off as it's a few times its happened lately where people have arranged / promised  to buy & collect items and then seem to disappear off the face planet without having the common decency to let people know they no longer want item .... 

Rant over

Edited by hodge911

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A number of years ago when I was with a x I got a new 3 piece suite. I put the old one outside awaiting a mate with a van. A good week past by, maybe 2, and every day at least 2 people knocked on the door promising to come and get it. 

Eventually a mate came and got it and took it to the tip. That very day a chap arrived to collect it and nearly cried when I said it had gone to the tip and his "half hour i will be back" was stretching things a little. 

There always will be time wasters. I think it's human nature. 

Must be the time of the year but this time it was the seller, a mate of mine wanted to buy a Sako 75, ticket, everything was all good to go cash was in his his wallet ready to be spent. The seller told him he was not going to be in as he was traveling to show another buyer the rifle but would RFD if he transferred funds before posting, he also had 3 more interested ???

The following day mate had a call saying that he wasnt actually going away plans changed and was he still interested.

But what about the other 3 that showed interest ??? 

Too late he has decided to have a custom rifle built. 

12 minutes ago, clangerman said:

nothing beats car buyers biggest time wasting tyre kicking messers on the planet 

I once new someone who was selling an old Merc, 3 or 4 taxi driver type chaps got out of their car went over to the Merc and kicked a tyre, that was it, no sale to you guys, very quickly told to do one. 

2 minutes ago, Dougy said:

I once new someone who was selling an old Merc, 3 or 4 taxi driver type chaps got out of their car went over to the Merc and kicked a tyre, that was it, no sale to you guys, very quickly told to do one. 

left selling them to the son in-law had enough of tight wad messers looking for a rolls on mini money 

4 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

Hahahahahaha I match your car buyers and raise you horse buyers! Now those people invented wasting your time! 

true one uncle was a farrier nag owners are not big on parting with the cash once told a farmer only place for a nag was a lions mouth turned out he’s a horse lover lol 

18 minutes ago, clangerman said:

true one uncle was a farrier nag owners are not big on parting with the cash once told a farmer only place for a nag was a lions mouth turned out he’s a horse lover lol 

So many occasions I could mention. Waited in all day on my only day off for someone to come and try a horse, they arrived 4 hours late, I said ill just get my boots and be with you in a second hes in the field if you want to see him, they walked over to him, decided he was the wrong colour and were back in the car and going as I came out literally 3 minutes after they arrived having driven from miles away.

have sold a car or two in the past for right money tyre kickers wanting a 3.5k motor for £ 600  so now keep them alive and run them in the ground still get 300.00 + on the clock scrap        bought her indoors a citroen c3 1.4hdi  80k 53 plate  starts every time pulls like a train really impressed still 50mpg   doesn't use fluids at £700     she's happy and loves the top  spec bling bits  all the navs speed controls  climate controls    and others  i drive once in a few months         i like to turn and burn  drive it like i stole it  dont use oil or water  flew through mot       put winter tyres on   s+m  unusd   cant peel the tyres off  her indoors confident  can get home priceless  despite weather     4 tyres £90 inc postage  inc never used   some times the cheaper things in life  are priceless  its not inflated cost   4 new tyres arrived  awesome  her indoors no dramas my life just got easier put a price on that       i grew up with winter tires about 3k less than modern all season tires   

Edited by Saltings

In these days of mobile phones, texts etc., it is SO easy to do the right thing and advise the other party of any delays/changes.  A couple of years ago I was travelling to look at a gun; there was a major traffic holdup, but no problem to advise the other party that I was still coming - just running about 4 hours later than planned.  I still have that gun!

5 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

In these days of mobile phones, texts etc., it is SO easy to do the right thing and advise the other party of any delays/changes.  A couple of years ago I was travelling to look at a gun; there was a major traffic holdup, but no problem to advise the other party that I was still coming - just running about 4 hours later than planned.  I still have that gun!

Completely agree I even let them know when I'm leaving to go to them. 

What's boils my wee on this occasion is he had the cheek to contact me at 6.30am but nowt when goes past the arranged time .... on another occasion a guy asked me if I could keep an item for 4 weeks until he raised funds . I agreed then never heard from him again . He also didn't reply to any messages when I asked him if he was still buying it 

Had this last year, add for a semi auto went up on the wall of the Sunday shoot I go to. Called the guy that morning and arranged to meet the next shoot. There a bit windy on the arranged day but still plenty of peeps there, gun man no show so I called again and rearrange for the next meet and told him I'd got cash in pocket. Next meet no show again  and when I called I just got sorry mate I've sold it. Fuming as id let another one pass up.

Why can't people just stick to what they agree to.

14 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

What's boils my wee on this occasion is he had the cheek to contact me at 6.30am but nowt when goes past the arranged time .... on another occasion a guy asked me if I could keep an item for 4 weeks until he raised funds . I agreed then never heard from him again . He also didn't reply to any messages when I asked him if he was still buying it 

You have to accept that there is a small percentage of people with no class, no morals, no breeding, no care for anyone else and they see nothing wrong in behaving so poorly.

I've come to the conclusion that some time wasters are a little bit mental , and just like the interaction with other people.  

One guy had asked to come and collect something from my house ( to save postage costs) , we'd been swapping pms  and texts all week , he sent a text when he left his house , then a text when he was half way , then a text when he was 15 minutes away , then a text when he was 2 minutes away . I stood on my step waiting for 10 minutes before I called him to see if things were ok . He wouldn't answer the phone , and didn't answer any more texts or personal messages.  He played the strange game right to the very last second 😅.

Just now, mel b3 said:

I've come to the conclusion that some time wasters are a little bit mental , and just like the interaction with other people.  

One guy had asked to come and collect something from my house ( to save postage costs) , we'd been swapping pms  and texts all week , he sent a text when he left his house , then a text when he was half way , then a text when he was 15 minutes away , then a text when he was 2 minutes away . I stood on my step waiting for 10 minutes before I called him to see if things were ok . He wouldn't answer the phone , and didn't answer any more texts or personal messages.  He played the strange game right to the very last second 😅.

:lol:Makes delivering chocolate seem so easy!:good:

Last year i was getting free pheasants from a gamekeeper to feed my ferrets i always took as many as i could stuff into the freezers and leave a weeks ferret food hanging from the rafters , A guy says can you get me a few ?. Got him 10 brace He never answered my texts or calls  i had to dump them as i had no room for them .

Roll onto this year ive had 3 texts  do you still make nets ? do you have any ready , Then will you sell me a cheap collar and locator ? 

guess my phones now not working as it wont answer his calls or texts 

6 hours ago, Bigbob said:

Last year i was getting free pheasants from a gamekeeper to feed my ferrets i always took as many as i could stuff into the freezers and leave a weeks ferret food hanging from the rafters , A guy says can you get me a few ?. Got him 10 brace He never answered my texts or calls  i had to dump them as i had no room for them .

Roll onto this year ive had 3 texts  do you still make nets ? do you have any ready , Then will you sell me a cheap collar and locator ? 

guess my phones now not working as it wont answer his calls or texts 

years ago i was asked for 10 brace and could i dress them, i though charging £2 each was a fair price, so plucked and dressed only to be told he didn't want them. 

Marvellous what a nice chap he was. 

NOT 

When buying a used Range Rover from a 3 hour drive away I got a call 2 hours in to say that he had sold it. I was not overly happy so asked why he had let me waste 4 hours for two people and my diesel. He just said that “I didn’t want to cancel you as the other guy may not have bought it”...

Some people are perfectly happy to keep irons in the fire as the world revolves around them. 

A client asked us to do seven different development scenarios as an appraisal following our feasibility which recommended just one of them. I tried to explain that we had used our experience to minimise their cost but they wanted it nonetheless. The full appraisals proved what we had predicted, but at least it was evidenced appropriately so fair enough. When my accounts team sent the invoice for the seven appraisals they called up to say they preferred option 1 and so didn’t need the other six! The project architect was laughing at their bare faced cheek, it is like ordering 7 meals in a restaurant and waiting until they get to the table to decide which one you are going to pay for. Fortunately we keep good records so could subtly remind them of the commission and our advice against it, they paid in full and have subsequently commissioned us on further projects 🙈

I sell a lot of stuff on ebay and gumtree, and I get ****ed around quite a lot, especially on ebay more so. I've found gumtree not too bad, I think being face to face stops half the rubbish, although I did have 5 ******* massive albanians turn up to buy my xtrail recently and try to convince me it was only worth scrap value 😂 they still bought it after for my price. 

In all fairness not had a single problem to date with anybody off here via regards to selling, in fact I've held items for a few weeks and not a issue, they've always come and same with me, I'll always turn up if I say I will. 👍

I'm now at a point where I know I could get more money for a car I might sell, but can't be ***** with the hassel of idiots who've watched wheeler dealer on the box and think they are the next mike brewer, so im likely now in the future to just trade it in