Rant about time wasters

hodge911

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I probably have half a dozen guns labelled as "sold" to people on here who, after agreeing deals suddenly stop replying even though they've been on.

Probably more from other places. I won't be losing any sales any more as will only mark something sold if a deposit is paid.

Had a guy call the shop last week

"Don't suppose you have xyz?"

"Yep, have 2 of those"

"Oh, in .177?"

"Yeah, got that"

"Ah, I wanted a .22"

"Got that too"

"It is left handed though yeah?"

"Yes, have a left handed one in .22. Hello, hello are you there??!"

Like a comedy sketch.

Edd

13 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

When buying a used Range Rover from a 3 hour drive away I got a call 2 hours in to say that he had sold it. I was not overly happy so asked why he had let me waste 4 hours for two people and my diesel. He just said that “I didn’t want to cancel you as the other guy may not have bought it”...

Some people are perfectly happy to keep irons in the fire as the world revolves around them. 

A client asked us to do seven different development scenarios as an appraisal following our feasibility which recommended just one of them. I tried to explain that we had used our experience to minimise their cost but they wanted it nonetheless. The full appraisals proved what we had predicted, but at least it was evidenced appropriately so fair enough. When my accounts team sent the invoice for the seven appraisals they called up to say they preferred option 1 and so didn’t need the other six! The project architect was laughing at their bare faced cheek, it is like ordering 7 meals in a restaurant and waiting until they get to the table to decide which one you are going to pay for. Fortunately we keep good records so could subtly remind them of the commission and our advice against it, they paid in full and have subsequently commissioned us on further projects 🙈

Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh don't mention range rovers.

3yr back on L/R forum a guy advertised a p38 diesel (bmw engine)auto in the colour trim package I wanted so after a few messages & phone calls asking if there was any problems and been told no its all fine we agreed on a day for me travel down from Newcastle to just beside Heathrow airport .

My mate came and picked me up at 6am and off we went . Get there and its sitting on his drive with a flat tyre ... blew it up and started checking it over .. in first 2 mins found a considerable oil leak from crankshaft oil seal & rear diff leaking interior was cream leather with black piping but was mega dirty .

Right time to take for a drive ..... that's when I find out auto box doesn't change gear . Drive back to his park on drive get out and say "I thought you said there was no problems with it " the box is knackered doesn't change gear ... his reply was "it only needs a oil change " so I turn round to my mate and say right home mate its been a complete f waste of our time .... to which the seller says .. you've come all this was do you not want to even make me an offer ... I can't type my reply the swear filter won't allow it.. he replied when asked why he'd dragged us 300 miles he a said I thought if you noticed you'd offer me less but still buy it ....

Bloody muppet ... 

1 hour ago, hodge911 said:

Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh don't mention range rovers.

3yr back on L/R forum a guy advertised a p38 diesel (bmw engine)auto in the colour trim package I wanted so after a few messages & phone calls asking if there was any problems and been told no its all fine we agreed on a day for me travel down from Newcastle to just beside Heathrow airport .

My mate came and picked me up at 6am and off we went . Get there and its sitting on his drive with a flat tyre ... blew it up and started checking it over .. in first 2 mins found a considerable oil leak from crankshaft oil seal & rear diff leaking interior was cream leather with black piping but was mega dirty .

Right time to take for a drive ..... that's when I find out auto box doesn't change gear . Drive back to his park on drive get out and say "I thought you said there was no problems with it " the box is knackered doesn't change gear ... his reply was "it only needs a oil change " so I turn round to my mate and say right home mate its been a complete f waste of our time .... to which the seller says .. you've come all this was do you not want to even make me an offer ... I can't type my reply the swear filter won't allow it.. he replied when asked why he'd dragged us 300 miles he a said I thought if you noticed you'd offer me less but still buy it ....

Bloody muppet ... 

As soon as you mentioned just beside Heathrow i thought this is not good. The area seems blighted with people selling dodgy cars. Should have got me to do a visit for you

Edited by Vince Green

My son bought 1000's of dvds for £40 let friends and family take there pick put the lot back on gumtree  still good couple of 1000's  trying to get his money back one guy phones up desperate to buy them but can you hold them till Thursday ? Surprise , surprise the guys no show two weeks later a woman calls desperate to buy them but can you hold them till thursday ? Son says no bloody chance your man was a no show , Turns out they where waiting for dole money then sell them on at car boot sales  

Had another beggar this morning ... made offer I accepted he said " I'll take it as long as I can see it running " I answered yea no problems . Then I get the cop out text 

Read the messages on the screenshot of the conversation.

I don't know how he can reckon he's measured up and it won't fit ... I HAVEN'T PUT THE SIZES OF THE SAW IN THE ADVERT FOR IT !! but at least I know he's not taking it 

IMG_20201115_151011.png

Edited by hodge911
Black out my address

On 13/11/2020 at 22:12, Benthejockey said:

Hahahahahaha I match your car buyers and raise you horse buyers! Now those people invented wasting your time! 

I'll raise you a house buyer, yes...wow... lovely... just what we want! Have you got your mortgage in place? No, but we could have byMarch or April? 

🙄

31 minutes ago, henry d said:

I'll raise you a house buyer, yes...wow... lovely... just what we want! Have you got your mortgage in place? No, but we could have byMarch or April? 

🙄

We almost just lost a house, that we were wanting to buy, to a "cash buyer". Turns out he was actually after a bridging loan and hadn't even secured that!

4 hours ago, henry d said:

🙄

True. Lovely house, perfect location, exactly what I want unfortunately theres no westerly facing internal wall where my grand piano can sit. 🙈 I didn't do our viewings and I'm very glad!

My sister was exchanging and completeing the same day on a house just before the first lockdown. They were in the removal vans, driven the 40 miles, had new furniture dropped off that day at the new house (beds, mattresses etc), had changed the utilities into their names and the vendors pulled out. They had been gazzumped last minute and it cost them thousands. They were shielding their vulnerable son and so were homeless with two children (though did have £500,000 in their bank so not destitute but not ideal during a pandemic).

Karma, the house is now 6 months later back on the market as the new buyer’s mortgage Approval in Principle didn’t translate to a mortgage. 🤣

In September my sister moved unexpectedly to the same village as me and is now very happy that our children go to the same school etc and we speak each day. She is so thankful she was gazzumped. 

2 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

My sister was exchanging and completeing the same day on a house just before the first lockdown. They were in the removal vans, driven the 40 miles, had new furniture dropped off that day at the new house (beds, mattresses etc), had changed the utilities into their names and the vendors pulled out. They had been gazzumped last minute and it cost them thousands. They were shielding their vulnerable son and so were homeless with two children (though did have £500,000 in their bank so not destitute but not ideal during a pandemic).

Karma, the house is now 6 months later back on the market as the new buyer’s mortgage Approval in Principle didn’t translate to a mortgage. 🤣

In September my sister moved unexpectedly to the same village as me and is now very happy that our children go to the same school etc and we speak each day. She is so thankful she was gazzumped. 

Contracts not exchanged then ???

2 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

No, exchange and complete the same day. A modern fashion amongst solicitors - especially once the lockdown was looming it became the general advice to avoid a legal limbo. 

Not very good at all then. Couldn't understand how it happened. 

The vendor said they’d been offered £50k more, split the difference? My brother-in-law said he would not pay a penny more out of principle. “If we don’t complete at the original price before 5pm the deal is off...” The other side then withdrew their acceptance and told the estate agents my BIL was being completely unreasonable 🤣

Finally !! Its sold ... guy rang hi is saw still available .... yes ... does it work ok ... yes I'll show you it working ..... when can I come .... now if you want .... hour later knock on door show him it working .... fine here's the money & him & his son take it away  JUST HOW IT SHOULD BE !!!  No bloody time wasting

Edited by hodge911
Spelling correction