Rant about time wasters

hodge911

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 16/11/2020 at 13:35, Benthejockey said:

True. Lovely house, perfect location, exactly what I want unfortunately theres no westerly facing internal wall where my grand piano can sit. 🙈 I didn't do our viewings and I'm very glad!

Yup, we've been told lies from start to finish too! Put in an offer, accepted, can you take it off the market, yes. Few days later and asked if we can go higher as she's accepted a higher offer...nah, get lost. "Yes we're ready to move, we've bought a lovely place in the SE..." Week later and we get told that that they haven't bought and can't complete.

Apart from one cancellation and one tyre kicker selling is a breeze up here, two buyers so far, it's down to timing now.

13 minutes ago, henry d said:

Yup, we've been told lies from start to finish too! Put in an offer, accepted, can you take it off the market, yes. Few days later and asked if we can go higher as she's accepted a higher offer...nah, get lost. "Yes we're ready to move, we've bought a lovely place in the SE..." Week later and we get told that that they haven't bought and can't complete.

Apart from one cancellation and one tyre kicker selling is a breeze up here, two buyers so far, it's down to timing now.

Didn't they manage to make gazumping illegal in Scotland too? I remember there being lots of talk about it, that resulted in pretty much zero action or protection for buyers.

30 minutes ago, Demonic69 said:

Didn't they manage to make gazumping illegal in Scotland too? I remember there being lots of talk about it, that resulted in pretty much zero action or protection for buyers.

Just about, we get to a stage where we "complete missives" and after that both sides are fully committed and stepping away is costly for whoever does it.

I am unfortunate in that I am selling in Scotland and buying in England, too many nefarious people playing games for my liking with the English system.