Only November...

fatchap

....and panicking already. Bloody Playstation5. Cant get me paws on one anywhere, and its not even out yet, 5 days time is the official release date and they have all sold on pre order. No shops even Amazon are guaranteeing new stock before crimbo.

Plenty of skimmers on ebay selling them for 6-700 quid, but as they haven't actually got it in their possession they are breaking ebay rules. They managed to snare a pre order and are just selling it on for profit when they get it, can't blame them. but still breaking ebay rules.

Really would like to get one for my son. He's 19, works his butt off everyday for peanuts. He says he will save up for one, he does love his gaming. but doing the math's unless he gets one off the back of a lorry for a tenner he will never have one. 

Got to hand it to Sony from a sales point of view. only available on pre order, everyone off the production line sold worldwide, before the release date. loads of disappointed people waiting for new stock, right on the edge of the Christmas countdown, clever very clever.

34 minutes ago, martyn2233 said:

You think it’s bad for the ps5 try getting an Xbox series X sold out everywhere good luck on getting one 

Did you manage to get one?

I have John Lewis, Curry's, Argos and Game to email as soon as stock arrives. Amazon cannot promise they will have it back in stock for Christmas, which I don't believe for one minute.

1 minute ago, fatchap said:

I have John Lewis, Curry's, Argos and Game to email as soon as stock arrives.

Amazon cannot promise they will have it back in stock for Christmas, which I don't believe for one minute.

Perhaps they don't think you deserve one!

Have you been a good little boy?

9 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Perhaps they don't think you deserve one!

Have you been a good little boy?

Yes I have been a good boy but I don't want a Playstation, I want Mylene Klass in a leopard skin bikini wearing open toed stilettoes for Christmas. Probably got more chance with the PlayStation. 

Edited by fatchap

17 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Did you manage to get one?

I have John Lewis, Curry's, Argos and Game to email as soon as stock arrives. Amazon cannot promise they will have it back in stock for Christmas, which I don't believe for one minute.

Try Smyths, I preordered a series x about a week after the pre orders were opened. Came on Tuesday.

The younger architects in work have been talking about these new consoles. They are younger than me but have children and mortgages yet still spend so much time on these things. I don’t see the allure but they probably think the same about the amount of time I spend with my dogs or shooting. 

Edited by WalkedUp

1 hour ago, WalkedUp said:

The younger architects in work have been talking about these new consoles. They are younger than me but have children and mortgages yet still spend so much time on these things. I don’t see the allure but they probably think the same about the amount of time I spend with my dogs or shooting. 

I tried to get him into shooting/Country pursuits when he was younger, bought him an Air Rifle which he was over the moon with, all the Jack Pyke camo gear etc. He showed a great deal of promise. But I was no match for peer pressure in the playground from other kids. No other kids wanted to hear about lamping, and the latest fieldsports equipment, but the latest Xbox game or PlayStation game was far more popular. and he got left out and eventually bullied, which I promptly put a stop to. Teachers where useless. Threatening the bully's dad face to face is far more effective.

So I gave up trying to force him into something he clearly wasn't interested in. Shame really but hey ho. 

He got a PlayStation and started playing and was soon "accepted" by the pack, he was a lot happier going to school.

At the end of the day as a parent you want your kids to be happy, I don't agree with sitting infront of a screen all day in a virtual world, but my son was a happy kid again and thats all that matters.

Edited by fatchap

21 minutes ago, fatchap said:

I tried to get him into shooting/Country pursuits when he was younger, bought him an Air Rifle which he was over the moon with, all the Jack Pyke camo gear etc. He showed a great deal of promise. But I was no match for peer pressure in the playground from other kids. No other kids wanted to hear about lamping, and the latest fieldsports equipment, but the latest Xbox game or PlayStation game was far more popular. and he got left out and eventually bullied, which I promptly put a stop to. Teachers where useless. Threatening the bully's dad face to face is far more effective.

So I gave up trying to force him into something he clearly wasn't interested in. Shame really but hey ho. 

He got a PlayStation and started playing and was soon "accepted" by the pack, he was a lot happier going to school.

At the end of the day as a parent you want your kids to be happy, I don't agree with sitting infront of a screen all day in a virtual world, but my son was a happy kid again and thats all that matters.

👍