Only November...

fatchap

I loved computer games as a young child (MegaDrive 1 with Sonic) , however after getting to about 13/14 I completely lost interest. I was the second youngest of 5 so we had to take turns, it was very social.

My mum couldn’t afford to buy us a computer but her brother and sister chipped in and they bought us one. My uncle was a labourer back then and my aunt was on some sort of disability living allowance. My mum has never forgotten their generosity and now we have flown the nest does a lot for them, buys them things etc. 

I had an X-BOX 1 on order from Amazon - on release day I was watching and watching and it stayed not dispatched. After a few heated calls with Amazon I was told it would be a week 😞 so on the way home I called into a Game and managed to get one - much more than my order because game does stupid bundles and ramps up the price - but at least my lad had what I promised him.

Got home and was setting it up when there was a knock at the door at 7.30pm - to an amazon delivery guy with my order of XBOX 1. He said there had been a mess up at the warehouse and somebody realised that a whole pallet hadn't been dispatched - so they sent this guy and another guy out to do the deliver - came from Bristol is I remember right and was going all the way up to Carlisle!!!

I did sell - for a profit - but it was no way profiteering - I think I done a one day auction and got about £150 more than I had paid for it

Now I had done the same with the PS4 and that arrived no problem buuuut I did also order one from Argos which also turned up - and made a profit on the spare one - @£100 under a similar thing on ebay.

My two lads now do PC so no stupidity for these releases!!

The best age to be is 4 years old. I bought my son a new set of socks yesterday as his hand me downs are all threadbare and mismatched. He slept with them on his bedside table and this morning you would have thought he had won the lottery. The happiest boy in the world. He laid them out and was too excited to decide which ones to wear. (The red and blue stripes won out after some heated debate). 

05BE14F1-E8FD-4841-AED2-EC0CABDCA1ED.jpeg