Prince Albert Angling,

redial

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, tonymagnum said:

In My second year well,this year does not really count,,,fished the Severn and the Dee,,,mainly game,,but we could maybe team up and save on diesel,,,also I am retired and fishing on my own,gets a bit boring,,

Based in Bridgnorth,   

The bit of the Dee below Bala is absolutely stunning. As you say, this year was a write off. I fished the derwent about 5 times, ladybower once and that was it. Had trout every time tho. 

• 3 weeks later...

I was a member for around 15 years, left when i ran out of time (parenthood) and when they decided to sell their Teifi waters which were the stretches near me, however I can see me apply to rejoin one day in the future. Loads of good water and diverse angling, for the angling they offer it is great value for money. 

Tight Lines

Aled

1 hour ago, salmonrod said:

have been a member for 30 odd years great fishing on the Mawddach and Dyssini. Love night fishing for sea trout and spinning /worming on a spate.Good water on the Dovey upper river with water on.

I’ve managed a couple of sewin from the Reed pool but I’m not very good at sea trout fishing and still can’t get used to doing it in the dark. A mate of mine who’s a member lives pretty much at the back of the Reed pool and he’s a really good angler and does well on PAAS and Dolgellau waters. 

Edited by oscarsdad

I know all the pools very well my favourite was the big pill on the Wnion some days you could nt see the river bed for fish. Had a 8lb salmon on 2lb line and no 12 hook while fishing for small sewin with a single brandling in the bridge pool it was red hot and very low. I had a good friend who live in the local village ( LLanelltyd ) every summer my dad dropped me of at his house with rods and gun and i fished and shot every day for 6 weeks. Heaven. A mate has a cabin over looking the river he can seethe fish jumping with his bino s. Very nice. I have a place at Borth enjoyed some great Bass fishing last year cant wait to get back when restrictions are lifted. The Welsh rivers as all rivers are not a patch on years ago but good days can be had on the right conditions. Years ago when travelling to Wales we would stop at of at Atcham and fish the Bridge poolandthe back ofthe Island had many a salmon on the way and on return. Great days.

4 minutes ago, salmonrod said:

I know all the pools very well my favourite was the big pill on the Wnion some days you could nt see the river bed for fish. Had a 8lb salmon on 2lb line and no 12 hook while fishing for small sewin with a single brandling in the bridge pool it was red hot and very low. I had a good friend who live in the local village ( LLanelltyd ) every summer my dad dropped me of at his house with rods and gun and i fished and shot every day for 6 weeks. Heaven. A mate has a cabin over looking the river he can seethe fish jumping with his bino s. Very nice. I have a place at Borth enjoyed some great Bass fishing last year cant wait to get back when restrictions are lifted. The Welsh rivers as all rivers are not a patch on years ago but good days can be had on the right conditions. Years ago when travelling to Wales we would stop at of at Atcham and fish the Bridge poolandthe back ofthe Island had many a salmon on the way and on return. Great days.

I’ve had quite a few bass at Borth when we had access to a caravan. I also had the biggest sea trout I’ve ever seen, easily 25lb plus grab a surface lure intended for bass when fishing the estuary at low water in one of the channels - pulled hard then was off. 😥

4 minutes ago, salmonrod said:

Have you tried for the Bass of Borth rocks had some lovely fish from there with lures and shrimp. Which side of the estuary did you fish. ?

Borth side, I have lure fished the estuary out of Aberdovey on a boat before though. I’ve never tried the rocks. If I’m ever allowed into Wales again will have to!

Matt Rickards takes people out for the Bass from Aberdovey Spend a hour or so catching shrimps from the rock pools then go further round the rocks you will see a massive rock called the camel either side of this is great bass ground. Use a single hook and pike float with a live shrimp its deadly have had one every cast on occasions. Also great lure fishing.

7 minutes ago, salmonrod said:

Matt Rickards takes people out for the Bass from Aberdovey Spend a hour or so catching shrimps from the rock pools then go further round the rocks you will see a massive rock called the camel either side of this is great bass ground. Use a single hook and pike float with a live shrimp its deadly have had one every cast on occasions. Also great lure fishing.

Yep, I went out with Mat. He’s got a posh new boat now that looks great. He’s a shooting man too.