Rugby Autumn Internationals

chrisjpainter

9 hours ago, Mice! said:

It's worth looking at, not about being great for most, its about still getting on the pitch and have an amble about in some cases, and the coloured short system mostly 🤥 protects the older players.

And there is always a beer afterwards,  the home team provides the first 👍

Appreciated for the heads up, might see you when it all re-opens. Thanks

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

England vs France on BBC2 about to kick off Daily-Mclean's back at 10, but still no Sarah Hunter. And no showers post match either! Because they men are on immediately afterwards, they're using the hospitality rooms as dressing rooms (covid), so will have to get onto the coach and go back to the hotel to shower. Nice...

1 hour ago, chrisjpainter said:

England vs France on BBC2 about to kick off Daily-Mclean's back at 10, but still no Sarah Hunter. And no showers post match either! Because they men are on immediately afterwards, they're using the hospitality rooms as dressing rooms (covid), so will have to get onto the coach and go back to the hotel to shower. Nice...

I can't believe that Twickenham only has one set of changing rooms?

Real shame this game isn't being played with a full crowd, yes people would be going for England v Ireland but they would be enjoying this women's game. 

2 minutes ago, AVB said:

The number of tackles that England put in was unbelievable. Sinckler, prop forward, didn’t play the whole game and puts in 20 tackles! And there were 5 other England players with more tackles than him. 

England's defence won that game for sure and reckon Itoji got MOTM by a fraction because of his victory dance!

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

It’s quite obvious you don’t know many Welsh Scottish or Irish men.

Actually I know plenty...having Scottish family and being up in the NW Scotland every other year and having a holiday cottage in Wales sort of helps with that! I was just wondering what your personal rationale is for not wanting England to do well aside from an irrational dislike purely based on nationality alone!

2 minutes ago, AVB said:

The number of tackles that England put in was unbelievable. Sinckler, prop forward, didn’t play the whole game and puts in 20 tackles! And there were 5 other England players with more tackles than him. 

Aye, you're not wrong! From minute one to minute 80, you never see the intensity drop! Their fitness levels are insane. 

Almost time for Wales vs Georgia and hopefully the six nations credentials proving performance from Georgia.  

3 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Aye, you're not wrong! From minute one to minute 80, you never see the intensity drop! Their fitness levels are insane. 

Almost time for Wales vs Georgia and hopefully the six nations credentials proving performance from Georgia.  

When I played prop I recon I would put in 5 tackles in a game. Perhaps 10 if it was really intense. And I would tackle and then try to lay on the ball/player for as long as possible. These guys are just machines. 

17 hours ago, Shearwater said:

England's defence won that game for sure and reckon Itoji got MOTM by a fraction because of his victory dance!

I've just watched the second half, simply wow, what a display the intensity of the tackling never let up for a minute. 

But for an individual moment of skill with the chip over it was 18 nil and England looked happy to simply smash Ireland all day long.

I'd have liked to have seen a few more points in the second half and some play from the backs but it was a cracking display. 

27 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I've just watched the second half, simply wow, what a display the intensity of the tackling never let up for a minute. 

But for an individual moment of skill with the chip over it was 18 nil and England looked happy to simply smash Ireland all day long.

I'd have liked to have seen a few more points in the second half and some play from the backs but it was a cracking display. 

Agreed. I am not sure if I have ever seen such tackling before. Some of those Irish players will be very sore today.

2 hours ago, JDog said:

Agreed. I am not sure if I have ever seen such tackling before. Some of those Irish players will be very sore today.

Watched an Ireland v Wales game once which was just 40 minutes of tackling with the Irish just running into a wall, but yesterday seemed more ferocious, offensive tackling with two England players tackling anything with the ball.

Those Irish players will certainly be feeling it today. 

Does anyone know with the games that Amazon are showing can you only watch them live or from the beginning whilst they are in play?

I'm sure I'll miss the start of the England v Wales game later, but I haven't watched any games on Amazon yet.

Cheers and come on England!!!