Crop contents.

JDog

On Wednesday I saw at least 1,000 pigeons locally. The following day I dragged Ginger Cat out of bed on his day off and we duly met in the same place and chatted in the sun for an hour and a half and never saw a pigeon. 

On Friday about half that number were back in the same place but in the afternoon. 

This afternoon I saw the same number return to a resting wood at 1.15 and they never ventured out again.

At 3 I headed for a roosting wood. Not all of the leaves are off the hardwood trees so it made for tricky spotting. There were quite a few pigeons but it was a large wood and I didn't get many opportunities but managed to shoot four. 

This one had been on recent wheat drilling.

20201114_161353.jpg

Look to me they have found some fresh Wheat drillings and Winter Beans , the Beans might have been in a little while as the odd one in your photo have started to germinate .

We have direct drilled Beans into old Wheat stubble this week and tried to put some Wheat in but the land is still very wet , when I looked at the Bean field , the only pigeons on them were more than likely finding old Wheat grains that the drill disturbed rather the Beans that were drilled fairly deep .

GOOD LUCK in finding a shootable situation .