Princess Nut Nuts and Shooting

WalkedUp

Now that the Prime Minister’s girlfriend seemingly has a veto on national policy, how does that bode for shooting and conservation? 

She has called people who shoot “sick”

She is passionately against the badger cull and a self declared “animal lover”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/boris-johnson-accused-of-hypocrisy-over-trophy-hunting-ban-22q2lq836

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/johnson-intervened-on-badger-cull-after-fiancees-plea-szwcldjvp

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/jan/25/court-probe-carrie-symonds-influence-boris-johnson-badger-cull

You boys voted her into power don’t forget 👍

51DA76DC-BCB8-44D5-B0A1-393148A9549E.jpeg

1 hour ago, WalkedUp said:

Now that the Prime Minister’s girlfriend seemingly has a veto on national policy, how does that bode for shooting and conservation? 

She has called people who shoot “sick”

She is passionately against the badger cull and a self declared “animal lover”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/boris-johnson-accused-of-hypocrisy-over-trophy-hunting-ban-22q2lq836

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/johnson-intervened-on-badger-cull-after-fiancees-plea-szwcldjvp

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/jan/25/court-probe-carrie-symonds-influence-boris-johnson-badger-cull

You boys voted her into power don’t forget 👍

51DA76DC-BCB8-44D5-B0A1-393148A9549E.jpeg

Dont think anyone voted for her. I think people vote for a party and well to be fair, the chances are bojo will be gone soon, its the tory way at the moment 

If it can be argued in the party that she's influencing the prime minister's and party policies without being an elected member then the party could end up sending him packing. She does sound a bit nuts and unfortunately I don't think Bojos charms and good looks is likely to attract any better.

I would have liked to see Jacob rees-mogg have a go as prime minister, couldnt be any worse.

29 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

If it can be argued in the party that she's influencing the prime minister's and party policies without being an elected member then the party could end up sending him packing. She does sound a bit nuts and unfortunately I don't think Bojos charms and good looks is likely to attract any better.

I would have liked to see Jacob rees-mogg have a go as prime minister, couldnt be any worse.

my brain cant cope with such a thought.......

5 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

This isn’t an endorsement for PM but at least JRM speaks his own mind. What he said about Grenfell was incredibly stupid for a man of his intellect and I feel would hamper any prospect of the popular endorsement from us centrists that is needed to win. 

That's my thoughts on the man, I'm very much a centrist myself but the man can speak in a clear manner and doesn't beat about the Bush. There are a couple of videos of him totally dismantling smartass entitled students in debates and he does it all in such a nice calm demeanour.

I think Bojo is going to serve out his term and sadly I think the next government is could be a labour one, brexit may be a good thing but the internal fighting in the party doesn't bode well and I think Cummings is now a dangerous enemy for the conservatives 

I am not sure BoJo is going to last the term. Rather than look bad he now looks ridiculous. That will be fatal as fear of him and his office will diminish within the backbenchers. A few opinions regarding the 👸🏼🥜 affair that have made me chuckle:

“Mr Johnson was particularly riled by newspaper reports of Ms Symonds being referred to by ­Cummings loyalists by nicknames including ‘Princess Nut Nuts’. In other news, excess deaths in the UK are at 70,000 this year and we still don’t have a deal with the EU with a week to go.”

“Dominic Cummings broke every Covid rule under the sun causing mass public indifference about the pandemic which resulted in countless deaths - and faced no ramifications. This week he called Boris Johnson’s girlfriend ‘Princess Nut Nuts’ and got axed on the spot.”

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

I’m no fan of Cummings, but find it hilarious that it is claimed his action resulted in ‘countless deaths’! 
Do we have a link to the evidence regarding this, or is it merely opinion? 

Of course not . Just a left sensationalist headline. The media has a bit of a slant to it these days and very critical when not necessary. I'm displeased with boris but I wouldn't have fancied my chances with Brexit and covid either. I strongly suspect the labour party will come in next time round and only hope something similar happens so they can show us how its done, drama free, faultlessly. I don't think they will. Just higher taxes and lots of preaching. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

I’m no fan of Cummings, but find it hilarious that it is claimed his action resulted in ‘countless deaths’! 

Do you not read The Lancet? 😉

Edited by WalkedUp

1 hour ago, Scully said:

a lot of joe public took the stance good enough for dummings it’s good enough for them and that DID cost lives nobody has managed to anger voters more than dummings and that will come back to haunt doris 

13 minutes ago, clangerman said:

a lot of joe public took the stance good enough for dummings it’s good enough for them and that DID cost lives nobody has managed to anger voters more than dummings and that will come back to haunt doris 

To be fair that’s what I did, not that I’m proud of it but I needed to keep my business going. It’s not that I’m anti lockdown, or anti mask or believe in some sort of conspiracy it’s just I’ve got to keep working to keep my family fed. I tried to go to the pub yesterday with a mate after shooting but found it closed, I keep forgetting about the lockdown. Most of my friends and contacts, be they doctors, solicitors, builders, drivers, policemen etc seemed to take a similar stance following the Cummings incident. Initially it was “take a personal hit for the common good”, then after that disgrace it was more “keep your family as safe as you can and crack on with life - we’re clearly not in this together - each man looks after himself and his loved ones”. 

3 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

To be fair that’s what I did, not that I’m proud of it but I needed to keep my business going. It’s not that I’m anti lockdown, or anti mask or believe in some sort of conspiracy it’s just I’ve got to keep working to keep my family fed. I tried to go to the pub yesterday with a mate after shooting but found it closed, I keep forgetting about the lockdown. Most of my friends and contacts, be they doctors, solicitors, builders, drivers, policemen etc seemed to take a similar stance following the Cummings incident. Initially it was “take a personal hit for the common good”, then after that disgrace it was more “keep your family as safe as you can and crack on with life - we’re clearly not in this together - each man looks after himself and his loved ones”. 

no problem with a sensible approach like yours it’s the idiots out there causing a rise apart from shooting or the shop i don’t leave the place not affected me to much as i prefer dogs to people 

1 hour ago, WalkedUp said:

Do you not read The Lancet? 😉

No. Post a link if he was responsible for the loss of lives. I’m sure he’d be interested to know. 

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

Go on then, as I’ve said, post a link stating that Cummings is responsible for the loss of lives. 

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31690-1/fulltext

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2020/08/dangerous-legacy-cummings-affair

It is impossible to say “this individual person died because of Cummings” however it is clear that the UK now has amongst the lowest CV-19 government trust in the world and one of the worst mortality rates per capita. 

10 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31690-1/fulltext

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2020/08/dangerous-legacy-cummings-affair

It is impossible to say “this individual person died because of Cummings” however it is clear that the UK now has amongst the lowest CV-19 government trust in the world and one of the worst mortality rates per capita. 

So he wasn’t responsible for ‘countless deaths’ then. 

Yes, the undermining of government control has led to increased cases, hence increased deaths. You can only fail to see that through choice. 

We have had somewhere in the region 70,000 excess deaths this year - yes many of them are elderly but some are young and everyone is someone’s loved one so it is not “just old people who would have died next week anyway”. 

12 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Yes, the undermining of government control has led to increased cases, hence increased deaths. You can only fail to see that through choice. 

We have had somewhere in the region 70,000 excess deaths this year - yes many of them are elderly but some are young and everyone is someone’s loved one so it is not “just old people who would have died next week anyway”. 

That’s just hilarious! 😂 What a pathetic attempt to push an agenda! It’s merely opinion based on ones bias!

Like I said, I’m no fan of Cummings but if he’s responsible for ‘countless deaths’ let’s have him in court! Let’s see how that goes! 
Hilarious! 
It’s a sad state of affairs when a shooter has to resort to emotive hysterical twaddle ( just like antis do regarding shooters and shooting ) simply because they bear a dislike of someone or their politics. 😀

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

That’s just hilarious! 😂 What a pathetic attempt to push an agenda! It’s merely opinion based on ones bias!

Like I said, I’m no fan of Cummings but if he’s responsible for ‘countless deaths’ let’s have him in court! Let’s see how that goes! 
Hilarious! 
It’s a sad state of affairs when a shooter has to resort to emotive hysterical twaddle ( just like antis do regarding shooters and shooting ) simply because they bear a dislike of someone or their politics. 😀

Yes probably a fair point. When I reread my own post I cringed a little at that point I was not expecting it to sneak over the line.

Exhausted from digging out concrete and planting trees all day, so any sharpness of my mind goes. Same yesterday with a weak post about dog owner liability for dog-on-dog attacks. 

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

Hilarious! 

Have to agree. He was a fool, but if he base jumped into a 2ft pool of water would others follow.

I think ( my own opinion) people's attitudes to this and the ( this is not a migration dig) amount of people on this space of land is the reason behind the cases and death rates. Not someone in govt going to a castle, a second home or for a walk in lockdown.. Didnt help but people have to be accountable for their own actions