Lewis Hamilton world champ again

blackbird

1 minute ago, figgy said:

Don't like him but no taking his driving skills and determination away from him.

Ayeย you speak the truth. After his early spin, he drove an impeccable race. Perfect tyre management to turn the intermediates into slicks without spinning off or losing pace. The top three all had brilliant races. I did enjoy Vettel nicking third from his team mate on the final lap! The top three were superb today

5 minutes ago, Scully said:

By resurfacing that track, and adding rain, the Turks may have just solved the problem of how to make F1 more enjoyable to watch! ๐Ÿ™‚

Cant take it away from Hamilton; without doubt the best out there.ย 

Yup! It was amazing to see the difference between Hamilton and Bottas. Essentially the same car, but whilst Bottas kept on going off for games in the woods every other lap, Hamilton just kept pounding around, hugging the racing line and working his tyres into a raceable condition and by the end looked imperious.ย 

22 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

An utterly brilliant racing car driver. He makes it look easy and I suspect in many respects for him it is. I wouldnโ€™t be surprised if he quits after one more championship.

Iโ€™d like to think he would, rather than go onย til heโ€™s either killed or just not up to it anymore, but I think he still has thatย real hunger to race,ย and doubt heโ€™s done by a long way yet.ย 

19 minutes ago, oowee said:

Superb. Is he not already the goat? Same number of world titles but greatestย number of grand prix wins?

That is why I put in my post here he is one of the greatest drivers ever but I don't think you can fairly compare the drivers from the different era's to each other everything was so much different say between the 1930s and 2020.ย 

Edited by The Heron
Put in twice

Yes it was nice to see him hug the team and acknowledge their part in making it happen.

I think his future in F1 will depend on what happens with Mercedes and next year's rules, how competitive mercedes will or won't be. If they look like dropping the advantage they have, I think he will retire as champ.ย ย 

If they look dominant for next season he may stay and go for an eighth title, I think he is driving better this year than ever in his career, much more level headed and mature.

Itโ€™s a sport with big money. When you mix up the conditions with new tarmac, rain it certainly comes alive. Heโ€™s certainly the best F1 driver of thisย time as it stands. Toto Wolfe had it right when he carefully side stepped the question without wishing to take away from the previous achievements of earlier drivers, the sport evolves with technology, you canโ€™t compare apples and pears, but heโ€™s certainly up there with the best of all time.

23 hours ago, Velocette said:

Watch todays BTCC races at Brands Hatch and see heroic racing and a champion with skill and humility. Or the recent World Superbike championship to which the same complements apply. The F1 winner is a revolting example of all that can be wrong with a sport.

Did you take your alarm clock to btcc to wake you up when it had finished.ย