Remote controls

Walker570

As some of you may have seen on the vermin threads I am building or have now built a decoy squirell with a 'wagging' tail driven by a small 12v battery.  Now this will be placed about 25yrds from my hide and I wanted a way to be able to switch it on and off and was directed to these relatively cheap remote control units.  I din't buy the cheapest and it arrived with a list of directions which looked pretty straight forward.

Place jumper in position

Press white button and red diode will go out (there is no red diode other than the red button I can see and that is already out)

Press button A and the red diode will flash three times indicating connection is succesful

I folowed this (the jumper is a small connector where you can choose how the unit works and I have tried this in all three locations.

The button A lights up when pressed but does not flash and I cannot see another red diode anywhere.  The button B also lights up when pressed.

The 12 v supply is live and when connected it drives the motor but will not work through the unit.  New battery in the fob.

Any ideas ??????

On 15/11/2020 at 16:17, Walker570 said:

As some of you may have seen on the vermin threads I am building or have now built a decoy squirell with a 'wagging' tail driven by a small 12v battery.  Now this will be placed about 25yrds from my hide and I wanted a way to be able to switch it on and off and was directed to these relatively cheap remote control units.  I din't buy the cheapest and it arrived with a list of directions which looked pretty straight forward.

Place jumper in position

Press white button and red diode will go out (there is no red diode other than the red button I can see and that is already out)

Press button A and the red diode will flash three times indicating connection is succesful

I folowed this (the jumper is a small connector where you can choose how the unit works and I have tried this in all three locations.

The button A lights up when pressed but does not flash and I cannot see another red diode anywhere.  The button B also lights up when pressed.

The 12 v supply is live and when connected it drives the motor but will not work through the unit.  New battery in the fob.

Any ideas ??????

Can you put a photo of what your using. 

Thanks for that. It comes with the wiring complete and sealed inthe only difference I can see from yours is that there is a thin wire almost like a spring alongside the blue box. Would that be the relay wire ?  It is not attached to the blue box but tpo the small silver unit which is not shown on yours.  Theonly red diode(light) I can see is the red button When I press that it lights up and goes off when released .  I appreciate your time.

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Thanks for that. It comes with the wiring complete and sealed inthe only difference I can see from yours is that there is a thin wire almost like a spring alongside the blue box. Would that be the relay wire ?  It is not attached to the blue box but tpo the small silver unit which is not shown on yours.  Theonly red diode(light) I can see is the red button When I press that it lights up and goes off when released .  I appreciate your time.

Think the spring looking wire is the aerial. Seeing my mate tomorrow as I have another project ongoing. I'm sure he'll have the answer. These things are beyond clever.