SPAS

Jaymo

8 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Beverley Hills Cop 2, Franchi SPAS - need I say more

Now why didn’t I buy the one I saw at Chris Potters many many moons ago? 

7 hours ago, humperdingle said:

Because they’re awful at anything except killing people?

I had a go of one at clays. It was fun for a bit but wouldn’t buy one.

Is the correct answer.

Awwww, come on gents- where’s your sense of fun 🙂

I probably have far too many already that are ‘fun’ only types bit it doesn’t stop me hankering for more.

Besides, I’m in mourning- left my baby Glock and Taurus Tracker at the shop to be sold a few months ago in frogland.

23 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Awwww, come on gents- where’s your sense of fun 🙂

I probably have far too many already that are ‘fun’ only types bit it doesn’t stop me hankering for more.

Besides, I’m in mourning- left my baby Glock and Taurus Tracker at the shop to be sold a few months ago in frogland.

They look awesome and will forever be one of the most iconic shotguns ever made. It just seemed a very quirky to me to have a cross bolt safety (i think) and another quick safety inside the trigger guard. I've only used one once.

The original 180 degree rotating safety was subject to firing the gun when deactivated, not fun or safe! 

I wish I still had mine, they are an appreciating investment.

Awkward, Heavy, Cumbersome, Slow to load, Painful (with the original square edged folding stock) but brilliant nonetheless! I chopped mine in for an 1100 and my performance improved dramatically, but did the fun go out of it? Maybe a little

• 10 months later...

Heavy awkward but so much fun use mine for clays i seem to hit more with the spas than the berretta 686. Plus i love the reaction of the karen brigade🤣🤣🤣🤣

Heavy awkward but so much fun use mine for clays i seem to hit more with the spas than the berretta 686. Plus i love the reaction of the karen brigade🤣🤣🤣🤣

Guest cookoff013
On 15/11/2020 at 23:54, humperdingle said:

Because they’re awful at anything except killing people?

I had a go of one at clays. It was fun for a bit but wouldn’t buy one.

This 100000%

Wikipedia 

The appearance and intended purpose of the SPAS-12 initially led to its "military" designation as a combat shotgun. The SPAS-12 was designed from the ground up as a rugged military shotgun, and it was named the Special Purpose Automatic Shotgun. In 1990, Franchi renamed the shotgun the Sporting Purpose Automatic Shotgun, which allowed continued sales to the United States as a limited-magazine-capacity, fixed-stock model until 1994. Following the United States Federal Assault Weapons Ban, imports of SPAS-12 shotguns to the United States were stopped. In September 2004 the ban expired, but Franchi had ended production of the SPAS-12 in 2000 to focus on the manufacturing of the SPAS-15 model.

The SPAS-12 was designed to function primarily in semi-automatic mode, with the pump-action mode used to reliably fire low-pressure ammunition such as tear gas rounds or less-lethal bean bags. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Combat? Law enforcement? 

6 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Wikipedia 

The appearance and intended purpose of the SPAS-12 initially led to its "military" designation as a combat shotgun. The SPAS-12 was designed from the ground up as a rugged military shotgun, and it was named the Special Purpose Automatic Shotgun. In 1990, Franchi renamed the shotgun the Sporting Purpose Automatic Shotgun, which allowed continued sales to the United States as a limited-magazine-capacity, fixed-stock model until 1994. Following the United States Federal Assault Weapons Ban, imports of SPAS-12 shotguns to the United States were stopped. In September 2004 the ban expired, but Franchi had ended production of the SPAS-12 in 2000 to focus on the manufacturing of the SPAS-15 model.

The SPAS-12 was designed to function primarily in semi-automatic mode, with the pump-action mode used to reliably fire low-pressure ammunition such as tear gas rounds or less-lethal bean bags. 

Nothing to do with shooting then.

13 minutes ago, London Best said:

Nothing to do with shooting then.

It wasn’t designed with game or clays in mind, if that’s what you mean, anymore than a AYA sxs was designed with ‘trench clearing’ in mind, but there’s nothing to prevent either from being used for either, I suppose. 🤷‍♂️ They’re both 12 bore shotguns.