Couriers, are they Raising Their Game?

TIGHTCHOKE

I have had 2 Couriers at the door this morning, one (DHL) with a package from Poland that was ordered less than a week ago, has been trackable and arrived a day early.

The second from Amazon (ADAC), ordered on Sunday afternoon and has arrived before 10 o clock, free delivery without going along the Amazon Prime subscription route.

Hopefully the poor job done by many firms is gone for good.

The massively increased internet shopping must have helped jolly this all along, I have very few returns and hope this may continue to develop in to the "New way" of shopping.

Also had some very quick deliveries, batteries ordered 10am and in the post following morning at 9.30am.  I then ordered a small item from Lakeland which could have been posted in a Jiffy bag and it took them almost three weeks to send it via Hermes. Three enquiries on their web site did not get a reply. It arrived in a 12 x 18x 5 inch cardboard box!!  

Lakeland, now off my list of suppliers.

Funnily enough I will NOT use Lakeland any more, they sent a set of knives, it failed to arrive and they then sent another set to the same wrong address.

Lakeland would not initially take responsibility and insisted I contact the courier. I threatened legal action and poor reviews. They came around to my way of thinking.

When the second and first sets were eventually delivered by the person who had them thrown over their fence, I sold one set on to a Mate.

Lakeland and their chosen courier are carp!

7 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Hopefully the poor job done by many firms is gone for good.

Nope, good old Hermes are still doing their very best. I ordered a few clothing items from M&S (Xmas gifts) last Wednesday. Saturday AM half the delivery arrived by Royal Mail. This afternoon I received an email from Hermes stating my items had been delivered so off to the front door I went.....no parcel......silly me, why would it be by the front door (like every other courier) when it could have been thrown over the 6 ft fence into a nice big puddle......let’s hope the plastic bag is intact.....nope a great hole in it......parcel now full of muddy rain/puddle water.

Amazing Service.

8 minutes ago, Taileron said:

Nope, good old Hermes are still doing their very best. I ordered a few clothing items from M&S (Xmas gifts) last Wednesday. Saturday AM half the delivery arrived by Royal Mail. This afternoon I received an email from Hermes stating my items had been delivered so off to the front door I went.....no parcel......silly me, why would it be by the front door (like every other courier) when it could have been thrown over the 6 ft fence into a nice big puddle......let’s hope the plastic bag is intact.....nope a great hole in it......parcel now full of muddy rain/puddle water.

Amazing Service.

I will second this   "attempted delivery failed, no answer to door @ 1700 Sunday" notice sent by email.

At that time Daughter was working within 3m of front door, I was in kitchen cooking 3 m from back door, swmbo was in dining room also within 3m of front door and house was well lit.  Also after dark dog will alert if gates are opened (she can hear the click - very handy with ninja delivery men).   No attempt had even been made.