Muck Boots

squirrel shooter

I've got 2 pairs.the first have been used for years on construction site .walking through concrete  etc .and have only just started to let a touch of water in (8 years old ) the newer pair at 2 yesrs old this Xmas. And are kept for walking shooting etc.and are excellent .I expect them to last at least another 5 or 6 years yet .

Oh and my whole family have muck  boots as I like them so much I bought them boots as Xmas presents  a few years ago .

All still going strong .

ps non of mine are the steel toe cap type .

Edited by Ultrastu

Big heavy clunky slippery as an eel on any frost,shocking warm on anything but a really cold day, tramp round for a days rough shooting and your socks are swimming in sweat.....

But,,,,on a dark winters night in 4 inches of watery rushes at a flight pond,,,,,ohhh boy are they just the ticket.....!!

57 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

I guess there may be plenty of cheap copies of muck boots about to trap the buyer ,as there seems to be 2 distinct camps of thought . Awesome or terrible .

We have 7 pairs in my family and they are all going strong after years of use .buy wize 

It's interesting to see such a diverse set of opinions on the same boot. I got all of mine direct from the company and the three pairs were in two cases swapped under warranty for new pairs which also split. I have stopped driving in the wellies now and my current Aigle are fine. The material is visually not that different between the brands and I wonder if driving is a significant factor. 

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, simon1979 said:

Looking buy the muckboot artic ice, as sick of cold feet but reading this maybe not

I have had several premium makes over the years, Le Chameau, Royal Hunters etc etc, for the last 7 or 8 years I've been using Muckboots specifically the Muckmaster and can't fault them. I buy a new pair every year as they look tired but are still always waterproof. I pretty much live in them. Also I never have cold feet in them! 

37 minutes ago, farmer7 said:

I have had several premium makes over the years, Le Chameau, Royal Hunters etc etc, for the last 7 or 8 years I've been using Muckboots specifically the Muckmaster and can't fault them. I buy a new pair every year as they look tired but are still always waterproof. I pretty much live in them. Also I never have cold feet in them! 

👍

I have some Muck Boot garden shoes..Quality is fine - and they are lasting well ........... but ........... the rubber used for the soles is incredibly slippery on some materials - notably patio slabs.  Far far more slippery than my LeChameau wellies.  It was worse when new, but even now they are quite well worn, they need care on surfaces like paving.