A very nice surprise

B725

8 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

I clean mine before its MOT, mostly to carve the layers of mud off so they can check the rust is holding up OK.

I clean it before it goes for any repair work as well as I think garages treat your car with less care and respect if you give it to them in a state.

This year when I phoned the garage to book my car in for mot , the guy had just had a cancellation and said could I take it straight away.  I explained that I'd just got back from a farm , but he said that he didn't mind . Just an hour before , I'd been driving through cow slurry that was up to the sills 😝, the car was rancid and you barely see out of the windows for green slurry .fair play to the mot tester , he just smiled and got on with it.

2 hours ago, mel b3 said:

This year when I phoned the garage to book my car in for mot , the guy had just had a cancellation and said could I take it straight away.  I explained that I'd just got back from a farm , but he said that he didn't mind . Just an hour before , I'd been driving through cow slurry that was up to the sills 😝, the car was rancid and you barely see out of the windows for green slurry .fair play to the mot tester , he just smiled and got on with it.

They draw lots for mine 

apparently it’s a environmental health hazard 🤢😱

10 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Mixed with wet dog and the odd dead something that’s been stashed by the dogs and did I mention that I lost a packet of frozen squid (fishing bait) under the seat 

I remember a new smell appearing in one of my cars a few years ago , I'd had a deer in the back a few days before , and both myself and the deer has got soaked in the rain . I put the mouldy smell down to damp seats and deer blood . The smell got steadily worse over a couple of weeks until I suddenly recognised that rotten flesh smell , and remembered the mole that was still in the trap that had rolled under the seat when I threw it in the back in a rush . That smell stayed in the car for months 😝.

15 hours ago, AVB said:

I can’t see the point especially this time of year. Looks good for about 5 minutes before it gets covered in muck off the roads. I usually get the Eastern European’s to do them but they are closed at the moment. 

Yes I thought they were but my lad was showing off when he had his car washed at Alfreton the other day.

Screenshot_20201120-143458_Gallery.jpg