Have we got a deal?

oowee

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, oowee said:

We have left as 52% wanted. Hopefully do a deal as promised what's wrong with that. Jobs a good one. We can always work towards better terms over time ;)

That's how our voting system works, the winning side was to leave, which means leaving and becoming a independent county again, no EU Court supremacy, no freedom of movement, no EU negotiations of who we can trade with ect. Anything short of that doesn't deliver what was voted for, as you well know. 

If we can do a deal like any other sovereign country would, then all the better, but I just don't trust the EU or our own politicians, time will tell but I'll certainly not be holding my breath. 

3 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

My fear is if oowee thinks it is a good deal most will consider it is a sell out.

:lol: I can understand that train of thought but I know nothing of the deal or indeed if there will be one. I am only buoyed by the frantic coming and going from Brussels and the departure of Cummings. 

10 minutes ago, blackbird said:

If it’s the best deal since the world began don’t forget it’s going to be wiped out for the next 50+ years as we have this pandemic to pay for 😭😭😭

But it looks like we will be issuing perpetual debt (like a wartime bond) that is never paid back. Then allow inflation to rise and the debt will be wiped out and taken from everyone without them noticing. It's starting to look like the madman Corbyn was a veritable scrouge with his spending plans. 

3 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

So, if I'm reading this correctly, we've left and the only people who are happy are those who originally voted to remain. Great endorsement for the vote leave mindset.

😶😋

33 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

So, if I'm reading this correctly, we've left and the only people who are happy are those who originally voted to remain. Great endorsement for the vote leave mindset.

That's right because any 'deal' done with the EU is likely to be a rubbish deal not much different to remaining, give us a deal like any other normal country would expect to sign up to, or just no deal and you'd see a lot of very happy leave voters. It's really not hard to understand. 

17 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

.....give us a deal like any other normal country would expect to sign up to, or just no deal and you'd see a lot of very happy leave voters. It's really not hard to understand. 

Yeah, have to agree with that on the whole. 
If Boris wants to renege on his pledge then so be it ( he is a politician after all ) but he’ll pay the price, then he’ll no doubt pay the price and be remembered for it rather than anything else. I doubt he wants that. 
I’m generally quite a positive person....it could have been so much worse! 😀

Edited by Scully

Just now, Scully said:

Yeah, have to agree with that in the whole. 
If Boris wants to renege on his pledge then so be it ( he is a politician after all ) but he’ll pay the price, then he’ll no doubt pay the price and be remembered for it rather than anything else. I doubt he wants that. 
I’m generally quite a positive person....it could have been so much worse! 😀

Really hope your right Scully 👍

34 minutes ago, Aled said:

Can i ask which pledge is this is it to "get brexit done" ? 

Cheers

Aled

Boris was voted overwhelmingly into No 10 on the strength of getting Brexit done; the alternative was to stay in the EU and Corbyn as PM. 

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

Really hope your right Scully 👍

So do I. 🙂

I cannot understand how Corbyn was ever considered electable by the selection committee of his party. 

But he is actually pro-BREXIT on a personal level. 

Whereas BoJo is pro-Europe. 

And we had this charade when they both had to pretend to be in favour of the other whilst trying to box one another in for political gain. You have to love democracy. 

Fair enough Scully, thought so. A question: If Boris does not get brexit done in a way that is acceptable to those who voted leave, who are the opponents who will beat the tory party at the next election to deliver a more suitable brexit? Not really bothered either way just asking out of interest. 

Cheers

Aled

5 minutes ago, Aled said:

Fair enough Scully, thought so. A question: If Boris does not get brexit done in a way that is acceptable to those who voted leave, who are the opponents who will beat the tory party at the next election to deliver a more suitable brexit? Not really bothered either way just asking out of interest. 

Cheers

Aled

Your guess is as good as mine. 
At a guess I’d say if Boris doesn’t deliver, he will be ousted and Brexit will be fudged by his replacement while the Tories implode in the usual manner, to the extent Labour will get in, whereupon Brexit will be fudged for another few years while we go into the inevitable recession, and then the Tories will get back in, and round and round we go. 🙂

17 minutes ago, Scully said:

Your guess is as good as mine. 
At a guess I’d say if Boris doesn’t deliver, he will be ousted and Brexit will be fudged by his replacement while the Tories implode in the usual manner, to the extent Labour will get in, whereupon Brexit will be fudged for another few years while we go into the inevitable recession, and then the Tories will get back in, and round and round we go. 🙂

🤣

Edited by Aled

56 minutes ago, Aled said:

Cheers

Aled

Farage, that's who I'd be voting for under those circumstances. 

On 18/11/2020 at 20:39, bavarianbrit said:

Just pointing out that national stereotype phrases cuts both ways, The PC woke world will normally not allow using words that we grew up with to be used these days. Ho hum.

17 hours ago, bavarianbrit said:

Maybe derogatory was too hard a word but my alphabet is limited as I did not get the Boris skool privilege.

And you moan about stereotyping!:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

That's right because any 'deal' done with the EU is likely to be a rubbish deal not much different to remaining, give us a deal like any other normal country would expect to sign up to, or just no deal and you'd see a lot of very happy leave voters. It's really not hard to understand. 

On the basis that you all knew what you were voting for, you must have all been voting for the same thing, so surely you're all either going to be happy or all not happy.

The thing I continue to find hard to understand is how you all really thought it was going to be so straightforward. If I'd believed that I would probably have voted leave too.