Have we got a deal?

oowee

8 minutes ago, Aled said:

Will he win enough seats to make a difference? 

I don't know, but I believe if Boris is stupid enough to ignore the mandate given to him via the referendum to leave the EU, farage will certainly get enough votes from disgruntled leave voters to ruin the Conservative party and may get enough to win, who knows. 

9 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

On the basis that you all knew what you were voting for, you must have all been voting for the same thing, so surely you're all either going to be happy or all not happy.

The thing I continue to find hard to understand is how you all really thought it was going to be so straightforward. If I'd believed that I would probably have voted leave too.

It should have been straight forward, either a free trade deal, which to be fair to the EU, they said was not possible, in which case no deal, as was promised before the referendum took place. What stopped it being simple was all the remainiacs in power blocking democracy, as is happening with trump refusing to step aside if its shown trumps vote fixing allegations are false. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I don't know, but I believe if Boris is stupid enough to ignore the mandate given to him via the referendum to leave the EU, farage will certainly get enough votes from disgruntled leave voters to ruin the Conservative party and may get enough to win, who knows. 

If farage makes a hole in the tory  vote and wins no seats,  wont that hand victory to the other parties?  Again not really bothered either way just interested

Edited by Aled

1 minute ago, Aled said:

If farage makes a hole in the tory  vote and wins no seats,  wont that hand victory to the other parties?  Again not really bothered either way just interested

Quite correct, however if most people who voted leave are annoyed enough to vote for him and his party, he'd win by a landslide. The brexit referendum was the largest vote in this country's history. Either way, it'd be enough to destroy the tories which I would happily watch if they're arrogant enough to row back on the strongest mandate of democracy given to politicians this country has ever known. 

10 hours ago, Aled said:

Farage? Does anyone really think that Farage cares one jot about anything other than his own self interest and the gravy train, for him, that has been called variously, UKIP, the Brexit Party and now the Reform Party of whatever? For a man that so hated the EU he certainly did very well out of it financially. Very very well.

28 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Farage? Does anyone really think that Farage cares one jot about anything other than his own self interest and the gravy train, for him, that has been called variously, UKIP, the Brexit Party and now the Reform Party of whatever? For a man that so hated the EU he certainly did very well out of it financially. Very very well.

Do any politicians care one jot about anyone but themselves? If farage or anyone else will action what was democratically voted for, they'll get my vote, Boris says he will and time will tell, but if he doesn't, I believe the tories are finished. 

46 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

And how was he ment to fight against  the EU if he was not there to do so ????

On 19/11/2020 at 09:42, discobob said:

Come back Theresa May!!!

Honestly though - just goes to show the politburo are all a bunch of backstabbers to their electorate - I wouldn't be surprised if their Jaguar cars are replaced with Zil's and they come up with their own lanes for driving through London

Why ever not? It wouldn't be the first time. Why do you think the M40 stopped at Oxford? The Alma Mater evening run for dinner.

3 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

Nope, he is cut from the same cloth as Trump and Johnson in that regard, all about him.

On 20/11/2020 at 10:17, clangerman said:

doris can sign all the deals he wants to sabotage us leaving but come election time if we are still tied to the eu voters will have tories out the door so fast they won’t have time to pack a tooth brush 

What is the alternative? Tax and spend Labour  ?