Semi driven pheasant shooting- small syndicate day Nov 2020

Big Al

Unlike England and the Republic of Ireland,  in Northern Ireland we can continue our shooting as long as we comply with Covid-19 regulations. After a risk assessment and putting measures in place ( not least the closure of our usual shooting "lodge,") we can at least get out and about.

Not long now lads before you can get out too.

Another great piece.Lovely ground you shoot over .Good to see you are able to carry on.We are also lucky to be able to have socially distanced shooting.

Handy having Bear and Ted with you for the watery retrieves,both having a great day out.Its a great therapy for everyone concerned,and you get a lovely addition to the larder.

22 hours ago, Cranfield said:

Wherever you shoot there seems to be water nearby, even if it is flooded fields.🙂
That looks like a nice bit of ground and a walk one/stand one is a great day out.
I love the way your dogs are so keen, right characters.
I also saw this first on YouTube, but its worth seeing at least twice.

The water is (predictably) Lough Neagh. It means you have to be careful about nontoxic shot as we can't use lead over wetlands. At this time of the year a fair part of N. Ireland is a wetland. 

19 hours ago, Mutiny said:

Nice footage, looks a good day

Great day indeed.  No shooting for 2 weeks after next Friday for us though. Just announced last night.

10 hours ago, greylag said:

Another great piece.Lovely ground you shoot over .Good to see you are able to carry on.We are also lucky to be able to have socially distanced shooting.

Handy having Bear and Ted with you for the watery retrieves,both having a great day out.Its a great therapy for everyone concerned,and you get a lovely addition to the larder.

Unfortunately our Assembly have banned shooting for 2 weeks from next Friday. I'm not sure of their logic as most transmission takes place in supermarkets and schools. And they're staying open.

Useless hallions. 

3 hours ago, Big Al said:

The water is (predictably) Lough Neagh. It means you have to be careful about nontoxic shot as we can't use lead over wetlands. At this time of the year a fair part of N. Ireland is a wetland. 

Great day indeed.  No shooting for 2 weeks after next Friday for us though. Just announced last night.

Unfortunately our Assembly have banned shooting for 2 weeks from next Friday. I'm not sure of their logic as most transmission takes place in supermarkets and schools. And they're staying open.

Useless hallions. 

Makes you think they know little about our pastimes.If you can't socially distance wildfowling or rough shooting I don't know when you can.We were the same ,no shooting at all for two weeks,it drives you mad when they allowed fishing to take place.,England have had some luck with only driven shooting being stopped.

Make the most of next week and enjoy what you can.

15 minutes ago, greylag said:

Makes you think they know little about our pastimes.If you can't socially distance wildfowling or rough shooting I don't know when you can.We were the same ,no shooting at all for two weeks,it drives you mad when they allowed fishing to take place.,England have had some luck with only driven shooting being stopped.

Make the most of next week and enjoy what you can.

Thanks greylag.  I was meant to be at a different shore after ducks (and geese) in the morning,  but the pheasant syndicate have moved the shoot planned for 28th to to tomorrow.  Pheasants is is then!

3 hours ago, scobydog said:

Great vid and good shooting as usual,  well done Big Al. 

Thanks 👍

2 hours ago, greylag said:

Keep your fingers crossed you perhaps they will allow wildfowling and rough shooting to continue as in England.

Hopefully. It clowns in charge here aren't even too sure of what's going on themselves. The joys of a 5 way coalition. 

2 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

BigAl forgot to ask have you went down to that new bit of foreshore you joined last year I never joined due to work commitments 

Not yet. I'm looking forward to getting down soon though.