Monbiot hypocrisy

islandgun

Just saw this in FB..www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/nov/17/british-government-food-shortage-uk-fresh-europe-ports-

Seems he who wants to re-wild the UK by shutting down agriculture is now worried about food shortages, is there nothing this loon wont do to attract attention to himself

10 minutes ago, old'un said:

That cut and paste link is not working for me Steve..

It is a long one mate, just google monbiot and food shortage, the mans a clueless but dangerous  **** forever going on about taking agriculture out of production or planting trees on our moorland. 

1 hour ago, islandgun said:

just google monbiot

He writes what the trashy lefty paper for which he works wants to print (and their readers love to read).  Whether it is correct or truthful isn't really an issue for him - as long as they print it.  He wrote something a while back about the huge numbers of grouse 'released' for shooting ........

I have an interesting insight into the workings of actually getting trucks through the port of dover. A very close friend of mine imports kitchens from Germany, 1-3 truck loads a week and exports cast iron baths around 1 truck load a week.

He has said all along the paperwork required before Brexit and the paperwork required after brexit is exactly the same. The only difference after Brexit is that a computer generated charge will take place. He has said all along these stories of miles of trucks queuing in Kent has no justification based on the process being made more complicated. Just more expensive

Free movement of goods has never meant undocumented passage of goods so there should be no food shortages

13 hours ago, Vince Green said:

I have an interesting insight into the workings of actually getting trucks through the port of dover. A very close friend of mine imports kitchens from Germany, 1-3 truck loads a week and exports cast iron baths around 1 truck load a week.

He has said all along the paperwork required before Brexit and the paperwork required after brexit is exactly the same. The only difference after Brexit is that a computer generated charge will take place. He has said all along these stories of miles of trucks queuing in Kent has no justification based on the process being made more complicated. Just more expensive

Free movement of goods has never meant undocumented passage of goods so there should be no food shortages

Anyone remember the millennium bug? Similar concept I well imagine!

15 hours ago, Vince Green said:

He has said all along these stories of miles of trucks queuing in Kent has no justification based on the process being made more complicated.

Indeed, my experience of exporting was that it was no more onerous EU or non EU...though we did pay for a competent shipping agent.  Avoided port of Dover wherever possible.

Anyway, Moonbat:  This ejiot rages against children being taken shooting, and at the same time goes on national television, peeling+cooking a squirrel and telling us we should eat more of them (squirrels, not children). 

He's a mud flinger who has developed a very selective reading of academic papers.   Sadly he has an army of followers who unthinkingly lap up his every word, similar to Kwis.

Also famously not good at deer species identification, though apparently he has been stalking.

Classic Gruaniad columnist, in other words.

Edited by udderlyoffroad

5 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Moonbat

I can remember reading in Alasdair Mitchell's column at the back of the Shooting times that that 'Moonbat' was Monbiot's nickname at school.

Some of what he writes makes me see red, however, theres a good debate / conversation between him and AA Gill on YouTube, where he admits to going fly fishing, and occasionally eating the odd trout - I've had a little more time for him since learning that.