Pine wood protection

billytheghillie

I just used Osmo neutral on a pine table top. It seems good so far, hard wearing and wipes clean easily. You just need to put very small amounts on at a time. I did 3 coats. There are YouTube videos showing how to apply it.

Edited by akka
Sausage fingers

Our oak kitchen work tops were  initially treated with around five coats of Osmo and have since had a couple of coats in the seven years and have remained like new.

In contrast, my son in law was advised to use Danish oil on his and he is forever rubbing down removing stains etc after only having been installed for three years. My advice for him to use Osmo was ignored ! The younger generation always have to learn by their own mistakes and we know nothing it would seem.

Osmo oil would therefore be my choice on the OP’s pine.

OB

4 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

Our oak kitchen work tops were  initially treated with around five coats of Osmo and have since had a couple of coats in the seven years and have remained like new.

In contrast, my son in law was advised to use Danish oil on his and he is forever rubbing down removing stains etc after only having been installed for three years. My advice for him to use Osmo was ignored ! The younger generation always have to learn by their own mistakes and we know nothing it would seem.

Osmo oil would therefore be my choice on the OP’s pine.

OB

The reason to use other oils on worktops is because they’re food safe. Tung oil is normal . Osmo isn’t I don’t think 

56 minutes ago, team tractor said:

The reason to use other oils on worktops is because they’re food safe. Tung oil is normal . Osmo isn’t I don’t think 

The directions on the tin said it was food safe and was recommended by the kitchen fitter. 
OB