Boeing 737

The Heron

15 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well the vast majority of the 737s produced have been almost faultless.

Agreed. But that's like saying the vast majority of people don't die from COVID, no consolation to those that it does kill.

The Max 8 will be taught in engineering courses of the future as a prime example of catastrophic system engineering failure.

I would go the other way - no plane has gone through external testing and fault finding more than the max 8. All planes are flown by commuters these days. !  I believe the only reason a euro fighter can fly is there is no direct link between the stick and the flaps ! 

If there is another crash the leasing companies will dump em and sue the **** of Boeing. 

it will be interesting eu regulators say without the trump interference!

regards Agriv8 

9 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

I would go the other way - no plane has gone through external testing and fault finding more than the max 8. All planes are flown by commuters these days. !  I believe the only reason a euro fighter can fly is there is no direct link between the stick and the flaps ! 

If there is another crash the leasing companies will dump em and sue the **** of Boeing. 

regards Agriv8 

Are you saying you'd prefer to fly in a Max 8 compared to earlier 737s or Airbus alternatives?

47 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

regards Agriv8 

1 minute ago, amateur said:

I hope that they are all trained pilots 🤣

A true Freudian slip!

The system that screwed up was put in place to make the Max 8 fly like older 737 so Airlines minimise the time they have to release pilots to certify for that plane. They screwed up because it a took it input from a single input component and the pilots did not know the system was there so what it was doing or how to switch it off.

What I mean re the computer is that in the same way that in modern cars there is no direct connection between your accelerator pedal and the engine your just telling the ecu you want to go faster. I know planes are slightly more complicated.

if the plane passes eu testing I would get on one providing it’s had 6 months trouble free running.

regards Agriv8 

I've seen the inside video from the Boeing factory and when asked, most of the fitters that were working on the planes said they wouldn't fly in them with how much they were forced to cut corners to make deliveries on time.

Obviously some of these guys were over-exaggerating but I work on aircraft parts (currently on engine nacelles/thrust reversers) and most people would be shocked to see how flimsy a lot of the parts on aircraft are. Really puts me off flying!

Edited by Rob85
Spelling