Waterproof clothing

aldivalloch

Just in from giving my dogs a run on the hill. It's raining heavily here and my "waterproofs" have performed so poorly that even my more intimate bits of clothing are rather moist....

Any suggestions for replacements (and sources)? Keeping dry is the important factor - keeping warm less of an issue as it doesn't get that cold here.

Thanks in anticipation!

May I suggest that sweat played a part in your wetness because you refer to a hill?!?

One answer I have found when walking/working/beating in the wet is a wicking t-shirt ( Tresspass £5) , an expensive feel good jacket ( I use Paramo £300 ) then a second hand Goretex shell which gives you thorn/dog/barb-wire proofing ( Ebay £20 )

If your standing around or suffer from the cold then layers with some nice Tweed if you want to look the part or buy a Ridgeline Smock in extreme wet/cold

I'm absolutely certain you need more than one configuration of wears depending on what your doing

Depending on budget Harkila, Seeland or army surplus gortex. There is always something from Harkila or Seeland on sale somewhere on line, John norris have some deals on.

Had a seeland jacket and trousers for many years and they are very good for the money. Just treated my self to some from harkila and so far they haven't let the rain in.  

For dog walking, look at some of the fishing clothing. A lot cheaper than shooting gear. I have a green 3/4 length Snowbee 'Field' coat, 2 large cartridge pockets, removable hood, handwarmer pockets, neoprene inner cuffs (adjustable) and 2 inner large 'poacher' pockets. Totally dry, cotton lining, drip strip. Brand new, off the bay from a tackle shop in Scotland, accepted my 'offer' of £60. For trousers I use the Rohan waterproof trousers, £50 in their sale. Use them for fishing and clayshooting, as well as going to the shops. Chuck them in the washing machine and they are dry in a couple of hours.