Heads up Sky Arts 8 o'clock

ditchman

Sky Arts channel only appeared on Freeview 11 quite recently and has shown many interesting music and film star programmes, concerts, gigs, life stories etc. Been recording loads of it,,,, but can't find the time to watch it all 🤣 Most of it is very interesting and nostalgic 👍

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

Freeview channel 11

The story of Pink Floyds concept album.............Dark side of the moon

i think i will break open a packet of crisps and roll myself a couple of spliffs....................

I was shocked when I saw this. I thought someone in Norfolk had got sky, until I saw it was on Freeview

Fantastic Album! . . .My x faience was in one of the top Pink Floyd tribute bands. Met after one of their Suffolk gigs. Their first set was always Darkside Of The Moon. Blonde in little black dress blowing a mean sax in the spotlight soon got my attention. When she sung Great Gig In The Sky (good a Claire Torrie) i got goose bumps! I was in LOVE! Never tired of many gigs listening, watching her and them practice/perform. Or the ordnance's stunned reaction (some in tears) every time she sung Great Gig. Be it a pub, hall, festival or stadium gig! Totally AWSOME! . . Roger Waters Contacted and congratulated them after one show. . . She always reminded me my chat up line when we met in front of everyone as they were going was simply "I wana take you Home" and she said "NO! But give me your number". We snogged, the crowed cheered, the band were shocked, (thought she a lesbian) and she was gone. She rang late one night after a gig a week later and we talked all night! She proposed to me a few months later and wanted to move to Suffolk. Sadly we weren't last. Our Rock n Roll dream didn't come true!😉   Great memories! Great gig still gets me. . . . . Wherever she is i hope she's happy! . . . . Another one for the book.             NB

15 hours ago, bornfree said:

I was shocked when I saw this. I thought someone in Norfolk had got sky, until I saw it was on Freeview

Calm down bornfree , it was only a rumour after a drunken night out amongst the village residents at the water side drinking holes , we have already got fantastic skies so why plug into another one ? , by the way , what is freeview :drinks:

10 hours ago, marsh man said:

Calm down bornfree , it was only a rumour after a drunken night out amongst the village residents at the water side drinking holes , we have already got fantastic skies so why plug into another one ? , by the way , what is freeview :drinks:

it is a gander thro the keyhole at your post pubesant sister.......

5 hours ago, davewh100 said:

love pink floyd and ad the great pleasure of repairing nick Mason's coffee machine said it was the most important part of the recording studio lol lovely bloke to chat to sent me signed pic of the band and CD made my day 😁

I met him once at some function and yes he was a nice guy. On Sky Arts or Sky Documentaries, I can’t recall which, there was a programme about him and his cars.