GP pro forma

southeastpete

So, the ridiculous go forms you need filled out for renewal...

Handed mine in to the doctors. Charged £25! Perhaps 5-10 minutes work tops, by the secretary not even the doctor. £150 an hour to film in a simple form.... nice work if you can get it...

So three days pass and I go to ask why I haven’t got it back yet. I’ve only recently registered having moved from kent to southwest wales.

Apparently it can take up to 18 months to get my notes! So I definitely wont be making my renewal date... 

31 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Or you don't do it and have no ticket?

I have done it?

only problem is it could take 18 months for them to get my notes. Which is about a year and a half late for my renewal....

25 minutes ago, archi said:

Funny thing my go practice phined to ask if they needed to fill in the form and to request payment, but my renewal hat already come through- happy days

Lucky you, my paperwork has written all over it that if there’s no gp form included with the form, no renewal.

29 minutes ago, southeastpete said:

I have done it?

only problem is it could take 18 months for them to get my notes. Which is about a year and a half late for my renewal....

Lucky you, my paperwork has written all over it that if there’s no gp form included with the form, no renewal.

Try Medcert, they may be able to do it quicker, but not sure if they still rely on your doctor providing your medical records.

As above. My mate used Medcert and it was easy. £50 and a quick turn around. I was told that by law, your GP has to provide you with your full medical details within one month, and also free of charge. Mine took 2.5 weeks and I then sent them to a BASC recommended GP who only charged me £25:00

Edited by steve_b_wales

The problem is like everything its about money. 

Before I retired to retain my HGV licence I had to have a medical, pay out for a form filling in. Attend 5 days of re training, pay out again for nothing more than a form signing and 5 days loss of pay. Then finally pay for the renewal. I never worked out the cost per 5 years, maybe £150 per year? 

Don't nurses need to pay an annual fee to stay in employment?

I'm sure other professions are the same, bus drivers I know are. Maybe gas engineers?

It's just another tax.

(I'm feeling that way today, a good old moan day)😁

Edited by Centrepin
Grammar

2 hours ago, Centrepin said:

The problem is like everything its about money. 

Before I retired to retain my HGV licence I had to have a medical, pay out for a form filling in. Attend 5 days of re training, pay out again for nothing more than a form signing and 5 days loss of pay. Then finally pay for the renewal. I never worked out the cost per 5 years, maybe £150 per year? 

Don't nurses need to pay an annual fee to stay in employment?

I'm sure other professions are the same, bus drivers I know are. Maybe gas engineers?

It's just another tax.

(I'm feeling that way today, a good old moan day)😁

I would like to be educated on this point by those who know more but I was always under the impression that costs for business "forms" and memberships was 100% tax deductable. So if this is the case, then perhaps a fair few people have tax-refunds to claim back possibly going back years. Which also means apart from finding the initial payment (re-claimable at a later date??) costs the participant in the scheme absolutely nothing.

1 hour ago, sandsie1 said:

I would like to be educated on this point by those who know more but I was always under the impression that costs for business "forms" and memberships was 100% tax deductable. So if this is the case, then perhaps a fair few people have tax-refunds to claim back possibly going back years. Which also means apart from finding the initial payment (re-claimable at a later date??) costs the participant in the scheme absolutely nothing.

I would be highly sceptical about anything from the government being tax deductible or they wouldn't implement it to start with.

Having to do 5 days retraining every 5 years at a loss of 5 days pay and having to pay for the retraining too plus medical and DVLA fee, just can't imagine that being tax deductible 

On 20/11/2020 at 19:37, southeastpete said:

So, the ridiculous go forms you need filled out for renewal...

Handed mine in to the doctors. Charged £25! Perhaps 5-10 minutes work tops, by the secretary not even the doctor. £150 an hour to film in a simple form.... nice work if you can get it...

So three days pass and I go to ask why I haven’t got it back yet. I’ve only recently registered having moved from kent to southwest wales.

Apparently it can take up to 18 months to get my notes! So I definitely wont be making my renewal date... 

WHY on earth would you move from Kent to South West Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 ???unless you have a fetish for wellingtons or constant rain ???

Edited by blackbird

7 hours ago, shalfordninja33 said:

My surgery refused to entertain the form. I had to supply written request for my full medical records, which they're obliged to do within 28days free of charge, mine took a week. 

Sent them to Medicert with the forms and job done a week after that.  

Is that the way Medicert works you have to supply your records? Can't they access them some how them selves ?