Sir Lewis Hamilton?

B725

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Explain to me why this self centred young man should receieve one of our highest honours the origin of such was given on the battlefield.  He just drives fast cars for a living. Lot of darn good truck drivers up at 3am every morning to see that your supermarkets are full who deserve more.

In the old days maybe when truck drivers were courteous ‘knights of the road’

now, they’re just *****, blocking traffic, causing accidents, not caring about other road users...

11 minutes ago, Scully said:

Logic dictates that in the face of his achievements, he should be, but as one commentator said last week....’it won’t happen because he lives in Monaco’. Time will tell. 

Where did he pick up that ridiculous accent from then? He proclaims he is a man of the people... aye, very good. 

4 minutes ago, southeastpete said:

In the old days maybe when truck drivers were courteous ‘knights of the road’

now, they’re just *****, blocking traffic, causing accidents, not caring about other road users...

Bit of a sweeping statement. Im certain 99.9999997% of them are perfectly decent upstanding individual's. 

His effort and achievements are outstanding. But he’ll only get it because he is “Black”. Even though his mother is white. You have to see that black lives matter and that the German machinery that powered him there means nothing. The same machinery that powered Messerschmitts and panzers that tried, at the height of a world war, to crush the same empire that he so desperately craves a knighthood from. I would say that in one way or another, that makes him a traitor. Black, white or silver.

Edited by Pistol p

Well, maybe I’m in the minority. I think he should get it. If tennis players, cricketers and football managers get them, this fellow is a cut above that crowd. It’s not just a question of driving a fast car. Some on here may think they can handle a fast car, but none will have a clue about what it’s like to travel in one of those vehicles. He has consistently been lead the pack and you can talk about how good the engineering is and how safety has improved but you still can’t take away from the fact that he is the best F1 driver of our time. I may not agree with all this taking the knee malarkey, which I personally think is bandwagon hype, but when he drives he is the best.