Sir Lewis Hamilton?

B725

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Saltings said:

im with you  snotty  brat         loyalty to his dad and step mom / partner  who spent absolutely everything  to get him there      discusting    sacked his dad as manager       seriously  lacking    his dads sacrifices everything inc his partner house        got him there            i have friends in motorsport industry         rallyart  and others       who say if you can do the job the best  you have it   tec or driver       ethnicity dont come into it and never will        as any country employs the best driver  the best tecs mechanics      you got to be the best      every day        however put an average driver in the best car today      and put  him in an average car   its anyone's  trophy        hes in the best car and team   to date             what has he done for his dad and stepmom  to repay the years of going without   to afford his lifestyle                            he is a taker                           nigel  manse sacrificed everything  e mortgaged  his house      cleaned windows  and every  day  bloke     a win found his wife in the crowds  every time  every    time        hugged her     before  fore       all others                 not like today arm candy    today     fake tits 

What a load of ****. Yes he fell out with his dad but I would imagine that when your dad is also your manager that can cause some tension. He is reconciled with his dad who often comes to his races, as does his stepmum and brother,  and there were photos recently on social media of them on holiday. How do you know what he has done to repay his parents? Mansell hugged his wife!  Big deal. 

2 hours ago, Gordon R said:

What has race got to do with it? Black Lives Matter is racist. He is the one playing the race card, not posters on here.

Nail on head Gordon, they think it's ok to play the race card when it suits them. 

YouTube have created a black lives channel, if that's not racist what is.

Edited by figgy

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

As his loyalty to the UK, I am with the guy 100% who would not want to live in Monaco instead of ****hole Britain 🇬🇧 

He races in 20 odd different countries plus sponsor commitments in probably another 20 (no idea really but I would imagine it’s a lot). I see no reason why he doesn’t domicile himself in the country with the most flexible tax rates. It’s not as though he is cooped up there 365 days of the year. 

Also HMRC’s UK Income Tax Liabilities Statistics, published in 2019, put Hamilton among the top 5,000 highest tax payers in the UK so it’s not as though he isn’t paying any tax  

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

If Mansel was black would he had had the same following ?

I don't know, but Mansel had raw talent with hardly any of the electronic aids the cars have now. 

Lewis Hamilton is very talented but like I said its the rubbish he spouts that people dont like. e.g. he goes on about saving the planet but participates in the most poluting sport. 

1 hour ago, B725 said:

I don't know, but Mansel had raw talent with hardly any of the electronic aids the cars have now. 

Lewis Hamilton is very talented but like I said its the rubbish he spouts that people dont like. e.g. he goes on about saving the planet but participates in the most poluting sport. 

Mansel had the same electronic aids as every other driver of the time on the grid same goes for Hamilton.

Edited by blackbird

Like Beckham (was), he is at the top of his sport.  He gets very well rewarded financially (as Beckham did/does).  Both he and Beckham are not good examples for a knighthood - which should go to people who do good works with limited financial reward and people who do good things in business - which may also make them a lot of money, but also provide a lot for the UK including jobs etc.

In my view, neither the publicity hungry Beckham who does his best to pay as little to the UK as he can, is regularly fined for motoring rule breaking - nor Hamilton who likes to play political statements and nonsensical law cases against old established companies are suitable.  Their financial positions show just how well rewarded the already are.

Lets honour people who take forward British science (e.g. Professor Sir Tom Kibble), bring employment and business to the UK, and help UK charities (e.g. Sir Tom Moore) etc.

3 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Like Beckham (was), he is at the top of his sport.  He gets very well rewarded financially (as Beckham did/does).  Both he and Beckham are not good examples for a knighthood - which should go to people who do good works with limited financial reward and people who do good things in business - which may also make them a lot of money, but also provide a lot for the UK including jobs etc.

In my view, neither the publicity hungry Beckham who does his best to pay as little to the UK as he can, is regularly fined for motoring rule breaking - nor Hamilton who likes to play political statements and nonsensical law cases against old established companies are suitable.  Their financial positions show just how well rewarded the already are.

Lets honour people who take forward British science (e.g. Professor Sir Tom Kibble), bring employment and business to the UK, and help UK charities (e.g. Sir Tom Moore) etc.

Absolutely 

1 minute ago, Scully said:

I didn’t know he’d even considered doing this. It does indeed make him look a bit foolish and conceited. 

Hamilton were founded in 1892 in Pennsylvania USA.  It was named after James Hamilton who owned the area where the first factory was opened in Lancaster Pennsylvania.  They made high grade watches which had 'Railroad Standard Approval" and later, marine chronometers.  The business is now Swiss owned as part of Swatch.

They were there long before our Lewis was ever thought of (to coin an old phrase!)

Just now, Scully said:

Doesn’t say much for his ‘brief’ either.

A fool and his money are easily parted.  Another old saying.  It's not as though Hamilton Watches were an obscure unknown brand.  From maybe 1900 to perhaps early 1960s they were one of America's 'big' brands, and made a lot of the US naval/military timepieces.

One thing that struck me when Hamilton started the "knee" thing, why did any of the other drivers join in?

For years I always though he was a decent bloke, just based on TV and you tube, but no more since BLM, my respect for him has totally gone as he's waving the racist flag on the World stage.

2 minutes ago, BlaserF3 said:

why did any of the other drivers join in?

I suspect they felt pressured.  Some people (in the USA anyway) who have (politely) declined to join in with BLM protests have been given a pretty rough time.  Whilst I'm not suggesting Hamilton is one, many of the BLM hard core organisers are the usual highly unpleasant 'anarchist/anti capilalist/LACS/animal rights/militant tendency' mob people.  Nothing to do with race or racism, but everything to do with attacking "the establishment".