Sir Lewis Hamilton?

B725

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Yes how does sitting on a beach in Blackpool with a knotted handkerchief on your head with cod & chips compare to Monaco 😀😀

There is damn-all beach in Monaco and you really have to go to France for decent food

According to the Daily Fail Lewis Hamilton will be made a Sir in the New Year's Honours list after clearing up his taxes.

Guess Lizzie best start limbering up to bend her knee.

The gongs given out for last ten years or so have been steadily getting worse, now they're no more than a popularity badge.

It used to mean something, not anymore, is a lordship now the new knighthood 

So mow all you need to get a knighthood is to earn bucket loads of cash and life a luxurious lifestyle ìn another country with a pop star on your arm.driving the best car on the circuit and then preach on about how he and his ethnic are oppressed. The honours system in this country is and has been totally out of touch with the real world for many years now and does not look like changing ever.

3 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

So mow all you need to get a knighthood is to earn bucket loads of cash and life a luxurious lifestyle ìn another country with a pop star on your arm.driving the best car on the circuit and then preach on about how he and his ethnic are oppressed. The honours system in this country is and has been totally out of touch with the real world for many years now and does not look like changing ever.

No different to the past where if you made the prime minister's favourite macintosh you scored a peerage.

As far as I can recall there are only four people associated with motor racing who have been knighted. Two drivers, one owner and one designer. Jacky Stewart and Sterling Moss, Frank Williams and Patrick Head. Regardless of your thoughts regarding Hamilton’s behaviour outside of the race track or his political views does anybody not think his achievements at least match any of those four? 

8 minutes ago, AVB said:

As far as I can recall there are only four people associated with motor racing who have been knighted. Two drivers, one owner and one designer. Jacky Stewart and Sterling Moss, Frank Williams and Patrick Head. Regardless of your thoughts regarding Hamilton’s behaviour outside of the race track or his political views does anybody not think his achievements at least match any of those four? 

Right up there for me. 

43 minutes ago, Jim Neal said:

Hands up everyone who is the best in the world at what they do.

Ooh, no hands.

SSSSHHHHH!!!

You can literally see the rope hanging from the tree in some peoples' comments.

Since you've posted at 2a.m in the morning it's not really surprising you haven't had many replies yet. 

The point is though, it's not about his obvious talent as a F1 driver, it's asking what he's done to deserve a knighthood, many on here don't believe being able to drive a car fast deserves that and I am in that camp, to me he appears a very self centred narcissistic person. 

Honours should be for those who perform acts of great humanity.and help others with no gain for personal circumstances.not for driving fast or throwing darts kicking a ball.whilst filling their bank accounts for doing so.captain tom did more at his great age than most of the other recipients have combined yet it had to be by public and media demand that he got recognised.

Edited by bostonmick

12 hours ago, AVB said:

I missed one. Sir Jack Brabham. 

4 hours ago, bostonmick said:

Honours should be for those who perform acts of great humanity.and help others with no gain for personal circumstances.not for driving fast or throwing darts kicking a ball.whilst filling their bank accounts for doing so.captain tom did more at his great age than most of the other recipients have combined yet it had to be by public and media demand that he got recognised.

thats my gong stuffed then.................rats..

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Good of you to step aside and allow Ditchman the honour, I thought you were a shoe in!

My collection of stolen ladies undergarments leaves me embarrassed next to the master .  I'd heard that your collection of stolen mens y fronts was coming along nicely though 😊.

21 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

One day their will be an award for most ladies knickers stolen from washing lines , and on that day you will be king sir.👑.

just for old times sake i chuck'em in the tumble drier and breath in that heady aroma.........

ooooh the good old days eh...