Forwards planning overall funeral costs.

Dave-G

6 hours ago, blackbird said:

You could also donate your body to medical science then they dispose of the body all free 👍when your brown bread who cares 😂

OOH - hadn't thought of that and it seems a fantastic idea that medical students for example see first hand what issues have happened over the years to lungs and other organs etc. Damn good shout there. :good:

Like many others my wife and I have paid for funeral plans with the Co-op.
Its a sensible idea, as costs are rising all the time.
I don't want our children to have the financial burden of the funeral cots, if they want to have a cup of tea and cake afterward, thats up to them.🙂

Choosing an organisation like the Co-op give me some confidence.
There are many around offering similar services, but not all have the Co-op's excellent reputation.
I have heard stories of supplements having to be paid and other similar problems when the time comes to settle up.

4 minutes ago, oowee said:

as long as certain guidelines are followed (mainly to avoid potential public health risks) there is no law what-so-ever against being buried in your own garden,

https://www.funeralinspirations.co.uk/burial/home-burial/#:~:text=The truth is%2C however%2C that,garden%2C or on private land!

It’ll totally devalue the land or house 

The Competitions and Markets Authority are investigating funeral prices. I wouldn’t be surprised if prices stabilise or fall going forward. I don’t know why people just don’t put a lump sum in an ISA rather than paying in advance.