Do you fancy a classic Range Rover?

harrycatcat1

22 minutes ago, London Best said:

Just stumbled on this picture of the one I had, taken in ‘79 I think. The vinyl rear quarter panels are an update from a post ‘73 model. I have just spotted the old WAGBI badge.E241A337-E90E-4014-AD37-744325C6DB49.jpeg.4c4f91e8b67a0d8d1cb54d3f5a08cd99.jpeg

I still have TWO of them...........................................................WAGBI badges that is !

I'll bet the WAGBI badge is still going  ??

Edited by Westley

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Westley said:

I still have TWO of them...........................................................WAGBI badges that is !

I'll bet the WAGBI badge is still going  ??

To be honest I don’t know what happened to it. I transferred it to the replacement series three but took it off that because vehicles with shooting badges were being vandalised when parked. That was in the 80’s sometime. What I do have is a WAGBI shield that the dog won at a game fair somewhere. I will take a picture next time I go up to the gun room (loft!). I still have lapel pin badges and cuff links . Remember cuff links?   Not worn those for about 40 years.

Edited by London Best

Yes, I had a Subaru well and truly scratched whilst parked at the local shops. My Wife was using it at the time. It had BFSS and WAGBI badges on the front. This happened when the Waterloo Cup was being held at Altcar and a load of Anti's had stopped at the shops for food and drinks. Removed the badges and never put them back. 

7 minutes ago, Westley said:

Yes, I had a Subaru well and truly scratched whilst parked at the local shops. My Wife was using it at the time. It had BFSS and WAGBI badges on the front. This happened when the Waterloo Cup was being held at Altcar and a load of Anti's had stopped at the shops for food and drinks. Removed the badges and never put them back. 

I always wanted to see the Waterloo Cup, but never made it. I went a few times to North Lincs. Coursing Club meets. Happy days.

On 25/01/2021 at 11:43, JohnfromUK said:

They have the passenger side door alignment on that one nearly as good bad as the factory got it!  And if I remember rightly the interior was 'Ambla' - a kind of vinyl, not leather (though I may be wrong there).

The 45-year-old  4x4 has increased in value by 2,000 per cent - making it worth almost as much as a brand new 2016 model

Yes, it was a type of 'plastic' and formed to the shape of the seats. Brilliant because you could really turn the hose pipe in there if it got very dirty.  Unfortunately after a very short time it cracked and split and they went to fabric.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Ricko said:

I worked part time for a fella that replaced his LR SIII Safari 6cyl with a RR that had a Perkins 4.203 engine in it. I remember driving that round thinking it was great at the time. Hr replaced it with a RR that had a Nissan diesel in it.

Yes, my last Range Rover had a 3.5 4 cyclinder Nissan Engine and would pull a house down.  It also had the overdrive conversion on the gearbox and in top overdrive it was hardly ticking over at 70 on the motorway.