Pickled eggs

Dawsie

Iove pickled eggs. My mum used to make them when my old man had 30 or so banties.

Same "Recipe" as Ditchman.

Trouble is they give me huge amounts of toxic farts. Imagine a Sulphur mine next to a maggot farm, down the road from a sewage plant.

Great if the inlaws are visiting and you want rid of them sharpish but not great in polite company. 

3 hours ago, ClemFandango said:

Iove pickled eggs. My mum used to make them when my old man had 30 or so banties.

Same "Recipe" as Ditchman.

Trouble is they give me huge amounts of Imagine a Sulphur mtoxic farts. ine next to a maggot farm, down the road from a sewage plant.

Great if the inlaws are visiting and you want rid of them sharpish but not great in polite company. 

Silent but deadly................evil stuff

Love Pickled eggs, got some in the cupboard at the moment with a hint of Reaper Chilies in the mix. But like said above 2 or 3 of them and about an hour later my farts have weapons grade applications, never mind social distancing and 2 meters apart. 500 yards is not far enough. 

1 hour ago, fatchap said:

Love Pickled eggs, got some in the cupboard at the moment with a hint of Reaper Chilies in the mix. But like said above 2 or 3 of them and about an hour later my farts have weapons grade applications, never mind social distancing and 2 meters apart. 500 yards is not far enough. 

:lol:...that is the best description i have heard yet..............thats something tony blair would not have difficulty finding..."farts of mass destruction..."

2 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

Remember, whoever smelt it, dealt it!

and in the case of a mature pickled egg.............."who smelt it ...........died 15 secs later............"

a **** in a lift is on my bucket list................under "captive audience".............defenision of panic.............

4 hours ago, Townie said:

A friend introduced me many years ago to a pickled egg in a packet of salt and vinegar crisps as a pub snack. Nothing more gorgeous with a pint or six.

i was gobbling them up like that in the late 60's in a packet of smiths crisps with a blue thingy in it ...:good:

Chilli pepper pickled eggs are very very nice.  Need to use much hotter peppers than you would normally have in food. The vinegar seems to kill off a chunk of the heat. Mustard seeds in it are nice too, table spoon is enough in a jar of 12 eggs. If using spice or chilli the white vinegar is best. If just vinegar it's got to be dark malt and the eggs turn brown, make your gums peel back when eating them.

On 22/11/2020 at 15:19, ditchman said:

and in the case of a mature pickled egg.............."who smelt it ...........died 15 secs later............"

a **** in a lift is on my bucket list................under "captive audience".............defenision of panic.............

My son waits all day to go to toilet, so when he gets home he crop dusts all way through the house to the toilet. Some of his have had my wife and I borking and wretching. If he was in a lift and dropped one, someone would call the police.

The Sharter on YouTube is amusing to watch.

Edited by figgy

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/11/2020 at 21:20, figgy said:

Chilli pepper pickled eggs are very very nice.  Need to use much hotter peppers than you would normally have in food. The vinegar seems to kill off a chunk of the heat. Mustard seeds in it are nice too, table spoon is enough in a jar of 12 eggs. If using spice or chilli the white vinegar is best. If just vinegar it's got to be dark malt and the eggs turn brown, make your gums peel back when eating them.

My son waits all day to go to toilet, so when he gets home he crop dusts all way through the house to the toilet. Some of his have had my wife and I borking and wretching. If he was in a lift and dropped one, someone would call the police.

The Sharter on YouTube is amusing to watch.

as the man said a good carolina dropped in the jar

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

This thread reminded me to do some I have just got 15 boiled eggs into a Nescafe jar. I'd forgotten how much I dislike peeling the shells.

How long should I leave them before eating?

eggs are easy to peel if you put them in the pan when the water is cold...bring to the boil for 3-5 mins.take off the cooker and leave them in the pan until cold..........then peel...they should come apart in 2 pieces

I often pickle surplus eggs from the chickens. Just in plain malt vinegar for me. Up to day 4 they are still a bit rough then they start to mellow. Properly fresh eggs (almost never available from a shop) can be a pain to peel, sometimes I use the end of a teaspoon to get under the membrane and ease the shell off with plenty of dunks in water.

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

eggs are easy to peel if you put them in the pan when the water is cold...bring to the boil for 3-5 mins.take off the cooker and leave them in the pan until cold..........then peel...they should come apart in 2 pieces

I put them in cold water brought to the boil left them for 5 minutes then tipped the water out then filled the pan with cold water. Started peeling 5 minutes later and some were quite easy but most were beggars to peel.

1 hour ago, 243deer said:

I often pickle surplus eggs from the chickens. Just in plain malt vinegar for me. Up to day 4 they are still a bit rough then they start to mellow. Properly fresh eggs (almost never available from a shop) can be a pain to peel, sometimes I use the end of a teaspoon to get under the membrane and ease the shell off with plenty of dunks in water.

I just used malt vinegar 👍👍

12 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

I put them in cold water brought to the boil left them for 5 minutes then tipped the water out then filled the pan with cold water. Started peeling 5 minutes later and some were quite easy but most were beggars to peel.

I just used malt vinegar 👍👍

i wonder if it something to do with the freshness of the egg...........if its fresh it will peel better..............come to think of it the time i have a bit of difficulty is usually when....i think .."i must use these old eggs up...and pickle them".............:hmm:

16 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i wonder if it something to do with the freshness of the egg...........if its fresh it will peel better..............come to think of it the time i have a bit of difficulty is usually when....i think .."i must use these old eggs up...and pickle them".............

Well, these were on their last day 17th, I wasn't sure how many I needed so I did all 15 but I could have got 2 more in. They weren't big eggs though.