Why so many animated adult films

figgy

Has anybody watched the Liberator on Netflix?

I seen it on there and thought looks like Bradley James, could be worth a watch.

I was sadly disappointed to find it's animated, a WW11 depiction that is like watching a moving cartoon magazine images lifted off the page, not the type of animation your used too but like a real image has been cartoonified with software to look like a painted printed image. 

I've noticed a few more like this lately, I hope it's not a new genre of film making as I thinks it is cack and can't watch it.

24 minutes ago, figgy said:

I seen it on there and thought looks like Bradley James, could be worth a watch.

I was sadly disappointed to find it's animated, a WW11 depiction that is like watching a moving cartoon magazine images lifted off the page, not the type of animation your used too but like a real image has been cartoonified with software to look like a painted printed image. 

I've noticed a few more like this lately, I hope it's not a new genre of film making as I thinks it is cack and can't watch it.

It’s not animated. It is real actors with a stylised computer filter over intended to look just like an old war comic. It’s pretty good actually and worth persevering. 

2 hours ago, oscarsdad said:

It’s not animated. It is real actors with a stylised computer filter over intended to look just like an old war comic. It’s pretty good actually and worth persevering. 

So it's been animated or made to look like, as I said in my post like real images made to look like a cartoon.  Why oh why, just leave as real life-like actors 

This is awful and I couldn't watch it.

3 hours ago, figgy said:

I did try and watch it but like yourself found it was not my bag.

Watched the trailer on you tube and to be honest its a bit distracting, it just looks weird.

However this led me to the new Tom and Jerry movie which is even worse. 

1 You should NEVER see human faces in a Tom And Jerry cartoon.

2 Tom's scream in the film is just not funny enough, in the cartoons it was one of the best bits.

3 Seems very PC, watered down violence to the point of non existence.

Will be swerving that as well.

On 21/11/2020 at 18:21, figgy said:

A Scanner Darkly in 2006 kind of kicked off the rotoscoping style of film. 

On 27/11/2020 at 20:50, Pangolin said:

A Scanner Darkly in 2006 kind of kicked off the rotoscoping style of film. 

Ralph Bakshi’s Lord of the Rings was released in 1978! 

granted it’s now done by computers rather than humans individually painting over film cells one by one. A programme like Mocha will take you pre filmed footage and rotoscope everything