Wild life pond update

NoBodyImportant

Well, right now I have the spring diverted into a 1.5 in pipe to trying to dry the creek bank out a little.  I spent the day clearing brush pushing over trees and digging stumps.  The creek bed it still a little muddy but at least the biers and trees and gone where the pond will be.  I want to start stripping the top soil and laying the core trench for the damn next weekend.  

1165A913-C792-4FAB-8CD3-261F1D312E18.jpeg

ABEBC8EE-1050-492B-A406-BDAAA00690FA.jpeg

As said above, if it is to be fed from a stream, even a ditch, then the inflo should be arranged from the dow stream end or your nice flight pond will become a big muddy bog very quickly, even then have a couple of yards very shallow run in area to allow any back flowing silt to settle before getting into the main pond and leave an access for your mini digger to access that area to clean out every few years. 

https://www.edp24.co.uk/business/farming/briston-farmer-and-naturalist-richard-waddingham-obituary-1-6938299

worth a read.....a very good friend of the family passed away recently...........he had a facination for flatties ...trialling ...and ponds.....always brought the dogs on the xmas family shoot i was part of

4 hours ago, Walker570 said:

As said above, if it is to be fed from a stream, even a ditch, then the inflo should be arranged from the dow stream end or your nice flight pond will become a big muddy bog very quickly, even then have a couple of yards very shallow run in area to allow any back flowing silt to settle before getting into the main pond and leave an access for your mini digger to access that area to clean out every few years. 

has anyone got a photo of this set up please?

On 23/11/2020 at 14:03, ditchman said:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/business/farming/briston-farmer-and-naturalist-richard-waddingham-obituary-1-6938299

worth a read.....a very good friend of the family passed away recently...........he had a facination for flatties ...trialling ...and ponds.....always brought the dogs on the xmas family shoot i was part of

A really nice chap, used to come picking up on a shoot I used to beat on. Always happy to have a chat about trialing 

1 hour ago, kevinw said:

A really nice chap, used to come picking up on a shoot I used to beat on. Always happy to have a chat about trialing 

such a shame ....was in a home as he had dementia.........all that knowledge and humanity lost...gone....but at least he left his part of the world in a better place than he found it..