Peter Sutcliffe....now I've heard it all...

enfieldspares

According to reports on his post-mortem ""Mr Sutcliffe had a pacemaker fitted, was almost blind and used a wheelchair." Now he was sentenced to prison and that, and that alone is what the Judge saw fit. Not the hanging, drawing and quartering the rabid might demand. But to spend money and use up resources that could have been used for somebody else who has led a good and blameless life to fit Peter Sutcliffe with a pacemaker? This just isn't right. So now I have heard it all. Truly the lunatics really have taken over the asylum.

Edited by enfieldspares

As above, unfortunately,,,, or is it fortunately 🤔 If you or I were to be incarcerated, for whatever reason, we would also be able to get the same treatment,,,, I think it's called ooman rytes ?! So accept it and get on with your life 😏

As said it’s what separates us from them. We’re not on their level. Their punishment is to live out their existence sat in a small room for the rest of their lives. Not a quick and easy death. 

I saw a video yesterday, a man in prison said he found out his cell mate was a sex offender, the cell mate tried to justify it, so he jumped down from his bunk, punched him to the ground and within seconds had used a cord to strangle the man to death. 

Everyone commented on the video (pretty much every single comment) was saying what a hero the bloke was for doing it. How he should be released immediately and his sentence reduced for providing such a service. 

I couldn’t really believe the view of people. Imagine they let him out and he came and lived next door to you. You wouldn’t want to block his drive way he’d come round and choke you to death without a second thought! 

On 22/11/2020 at 06:46, enfieldspares said:

Mr Sutcliffe had a pacemaker fitted, was almost blind and used a wheelchair."

The real question here , is how this relatively young , fit and healthy individual died of covid ? Couldnt they get him into an intensive care bed and ventilator in time ? :lol:

23 hours ago, figgy said:

Lloyd90, it just shows what that if public opinions were on it. 

Yes, it does make you wonder though. If the laws and democracy are supposed to represent the majority view. 

If we had a vote I think the majority view would be that murderers and sex offenders should be out to death (if not tortured). 

On 22/11/2020 at 08:57, Scully said:

Once imprisoned for whatever reason, authorities and society in general, have a duty of care. It’s what separates us from them. 

👍

On 22/11/2020 at 07:21, mel b3 said:

We're fortunate enough to live in a civilised society , one of the unfortunate side effects , is that a beast like Sutcliffe,  gets treated as well as a decent person.

👍