A early spring?

Old farrier

56 minutes ago, JDog said:

That is not the slightest bit sad.

Some of us live for shooting

Blimey that sounds a bit drastic. If you couldn’t shoot what on Earth would you do. I like shooting and rugby and cricket and many other things but if I had to give one of them up it would leave a gap but wouldn’t be the end of the Earth. 

38 minutes ago, AVB said:

Blimey that sounds a bit drastic. If you couldn’t shoot what on Earth would you do. I like shooting and rugby and cricket and many other things but if I had to give one of them up it would leave a gap but wouldn’t be the end of the Earth. 

Yes I'm afraid I am a very dull boy. My other interests of family, friends, agriculture, forestry, gardening, countryside, travelling, ornithology, fishing, travel and many others pale into insignificance compared to my interest in shooting. 

2 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Not sad at all my whole year is planned around shooting and catching up with the people that I shoot with 

We must be two of a kind with the same way of thinking , we have only lost four shoots including the one tomorrow and I am beginning to miss it a lot , the only saving grace was we were still allowed to go fowling and rough shooting , this have been a godsend as I find both of these sports just as enjoyable as a full day with the game shoots , as we are now in tire two we can at least carry on doing outside sports , so if all go's well , we will catch up with the gossip and shoot a few Pheasants next Saturday , although this time next week we could be on a different ruling , but for the time being , roll on next Saturday and enjoy every day while we can .

3 hours ago, JDog said:

Yes I'm afraid I am a very dull boy. My other interests of family, friends, agriculture, forestry, gardening, countryside, travelling, ornithology, fishing, travel and many others pale into insignificance compared to my interest in shooting. 

A man very much after my own heart (except not having the money or time for travel!) I keeper my own shoot so from drilling covers in May until Feb 1st it really is a way of life, with beating on a few other shoots and working my dogs. Luckily my wife and kids also enjoy the lifestyle