Protection for blued steel and wood

Manish

Hello all,

Those of you who dont use synthetic stocks and coated barrels how do you protect your guns whilst out on the foreshore?? I normally put a layer of renaissance wax on my stalking rifle it its going to be a bit wet. But a little rain is different to salt water exposure. 

Make sure they are thoroughly dried and cleaned as soon as I get home. Frankly I don’t worry too much about finish on my wildfowling guns. They are tools and I accept as such. My 8 bore has no brown left on the barrels and no point redoing it as it will be off again in a couple of seasons. My AYA no 3 has patchy blue and my semi autos are standing up to it pretty well at present.

my 425 waterfowl has a vinyl wrap over the wood.  even so, it gets left out to dry and oil the wiring parts before putting away..... even more important if you live in one of those new fangled houses with radiators and central heating (never catch on in my opinion, stick with woodburner, open doors and radiated heat) 😃

Edited by nic

16 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

Make sure they are thoroughly dried and cleaned as soon as I get home. Frankly I don’t worry too much about finish on my wildfowling guns. They are tools and I accept as such. My 8 bore has no brown left on the barrels and no point redoing it as it will be off again in a couple of seasons. My AYA no 3 has patchy blue and my semi autos are standing up to it pretty well at present.

Man after my own heart exactly as I see my guns they are tools of the trade