Love it or hate it, my "refurbed" AYA Yeoman.

Pangolin

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Rossco89 said:

Well I didn’t expect that! I am about to embark on my own project with an AYA Yeoman. The screw fix varnish stripper works great, I used it previously on a Webley Eclipse with great success

Brilliant for the money, I gave it a good coat and left it about 1hr15, that took 85% of the lacquer off, gave it another coat for an hour and it all came off with a washing up sponge.

Looks no worse to me than some laminated stocks I see on over/under. Saw a gun with a pink spray painted pump at the clays club I go to, just to wind em up. Worked a treat. Would I own it, no, would I have a go on a £50 gun, definitely. Tho I'd strip that back again, and I bet you'd get a nice emerald colour behind a deep medium oak dye if you layered it on. But if you're happy with it crack on 👍

4 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Looks no worse to me than some laminated stocks I see on over/under. Saw a gun with a pink spray painted pump at the clays club I go to, just to wind em up. Worked a treat. Would I own it, no, would I have a go on a £50 gun, definitely. Tho I'd strip that back again, and I bet you'd get a nice emerald colour behind a deep medium oak dye if you layered it on. But if you're happy with it crack on 👍

First go with staining but always room to do another. Will keep the oak dye in mind.

30 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

sure it was the clays club, and not the gays club!

7 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Exactly, it maybe different but as the saying goes, if everybody looked the same we'd get tired of looking at each other..

Although i get tired of looking at @Lloyd90 when out shooting with him and we couldn't be more different looking hahaha

If you think you have it bad, just consider how bad I have it.

I have to look at you, and listen to your excuses about missing all day 😬🤣

16 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Exactly, it maybe different but as the saying goes, if everybody looked the same we'd get tired of looking at each other..

Although i get tired of looking at @Lloyd90 when out shooting with him and we couldn't be more different looking hahaha

9 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

If you think you have it bad, just consider how bad I have it.

I have to look at you, and listen to your excuses about missing all day 😬🤣

6b85347c9d6c473ec32899fe8fc3704b.jpg