sling recommendations

killer_pigeon

had a catastrophic sling failure last night in the dark when the holding pin decided to part company with the sling at some point 

luckily i managed to grab rifle before it hit concrete and damage the nightvision unit on top or the rifle itself !!

does anybody have any recommendations for a better quality sling or shall i spot weld the pin if i buy a similar one ?

its a buffalo river neoprene sling i was using (as per photo)

Thanks

127047359_163960228773474_1972328861887144981_n.jpg

29 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Looks like you've integrated sling/swivels, so replacing just the swivels will be difficult.

I'm using a Quake Claw sling to lug my 8 around and it's perfect ... spreads the weight and no-slip.

If you order one without swivels, go for stainless as suggested.

yep was just looking to replace the whole sling with a better brand, made in a better chinese factory !

2 hours ago, snow white said:

Had that happen to me I drilled it out the run a tap straight though then put a Allen key screw though the lot hold fantastic and no worries of it happening again 

i like your idea the best as i was thinking similar fix , ie a small bolt with nut on end and thread lock to keep it there, or drilling for bigger bolt, that way the pin cannot escape if it comes loose as its locked either side. thanks