Learn to read

Mr gen

My two sons were chatting over dinner about the lack of new PlayStation 5 Consoles, in the country, at its launch and how some were profiteering on eBay. well profiteering is not really fair to say its more like peoples willingness to pay way over the odds. so I had a search and found this beauty:-

Capture_ebay.PNG.7a99dc3418fe221fe2974db1d892790e.PNG                                        

Now when I first saw this it was at £500 and having read the description contacted the seller to confirm it was just the box. Sure enough it is just the box and the seller can not understand why people are bidding so much just for a box and packaging but I am sure their Christmas has just got a little better.

3 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

It'll be people jacking the price up for a joke, if they "win" they will never pay. 

Problem is your Entering a contract when bidding  on eBay.

So here comes the small claims court 

1 minute ago, figgy said:

Imagine when they received their box and complain to eBay. 

Wonder what happens then as the buyer has not misled anyone,it states box. 

Thought you bought an expensive box?

Seller will get his money buyer loses money 

4 hours ago, figgy said:

Imagine when they received their box and complain to eBay. 

Wonder what happens then as the buyer has not misled anyone,it states box. 

Thought you bought an expensive box?

A guy that I work with (a newbie to ebay)got caught out some time ago , he bought what he thought was a very expensive  bottle of aftershave,  when it turned up it was just the empty box( on re checking the ad , it did state that it was the box ) , he complained to ebay and his money was returned to him.

Saw an article that quite a number have gone missing in transit. Got me thinking these things must have a serial number. Surly shipping agent fulfilment centre log the serial number and where they are shipped to. why aren’t these pinging up a location as soon as they are plugged in. It’s unusual for kit not to need an update or two. 

regards Agriv8 

9 hours ago, johnphilip said:

Someone posted on like that on Facebook.  It said Sony PlayStation 5. PHOTO   it had bids up about  £ 550 .  

This just gets worse I did a quick scan of eBay and there are lots brand new unopened photos, going for a lot of money!

how on earth can people throw money about like this without knowing exactly what they are buying?

5 hours ago, The Heron said:

Ebay = fakes and other peoples ****. 

I have found it to be a good source of parts and equipment and, in the main, the stuff I have bought has been as described and at a good price.

On the odd occasion that I have come unstuck, eBay have refunded me promptly.

11 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

It'll be people jacking the price up for a joke, if they "win" they will never pay. 

Yup or people who want one who are on the rob. Generally no questions asked about goods being nicked if it's boxed. Ideal time for a robber to nick a system with crimbo around the corner. 

This I'd say is just jacking it up, maybe he's set up a few accounts himself to bid it up himself and his mates to do it too.