Last before lockdown. November 2020

Big Al

Another great video Big Al. Thanks for sharing and posting.

The dogs earned their sleep.

Was that the delightful stone hide on the edge of Lough Neagh that was visible at the beginning ?

Well done and look forward to your next, when normal service is resumed.

OB

1 hour ago, Old Boggy said:

Another great video Big Al. Thanks for sharing and posting.

The dogs earned their sleep.

Was that the delightful stone hide on the edge of Lough Neagh that was visible at the beginning ?

Well done and look forward to your next, when normal service is resumed.

OB

It's on the opposite side of the bay from that one, but it's pretty close! That one's a wooden one.

I'm getting withdrawal symptoms already  but my wife is lining up the DIY jobs.

1 hour ago, B725 said:

Enjoyed that thank you for posting. 

Thank you kind Sir.

Edited by Big Al

3 hours ago, Cranfield said:

Another top offering, blue skies one minute, pouring rain the next, the life of an Irish shooter.
The stills at the end were especially good, the one with both Ted and Bear on the bed was a masterpiece.
Another huge dose of enjoyment, thanks.

Many thanks again Cranfield. There was maximum 30 minutes between the blue skies and the rain. 

They say if you don't like the weather here, just wait a minute. 

Until I just watched your video Big Al I was beginning to forget what a driven Pheasant looked like , always worth watching and I am really sorry your shooting is not put on hold , I know how much we all miss it and it can be very depressing , Do you know when you are likely to be able to carry on ? , or is it like asking how long is a bit of string .

GOOD LUCK .

Definitely Brian's bird but you could have edited the sound of his gun shot out to claim it 😂

Sorry you've got the lockdown.  Welcome to what we've been through for a month in England, try and stay sane 🥵

Are you getting the same as we've had, i.e. pest control/fowling/rough shooting still allowed or is it just all kaput?

2 hours ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

Lovely film Al as always - nice of those birds to fly perfectly straight over you on 2nd drive - well trained Pheasants!

Those are the ones I usually miss! Yes - two straight driven birds were the only birds over me that drive.

2 hours ago, marsh man said:

Until I just watched your video Big Al I was beginning to forget what a driven Pheasant looked like , always worth watching and I am really sorry your shooting is not put on hold , I know how much we all miss it and it can be very depressing , Do you know when you are likely to be able to carry on ? , or is it like asking how long is a bit of string .

GOOD LUCK .

The lockdown is initially for two weeks,  but I we are keeping an extra close eye on the clarifications going on at the minute. Fishing is allowed to continue with no more than 15 anglers out. Surely wildfowling or the pigeon hide is even safer?

We are watching for updates and hoping!

12 minutes ago, Jim Neal said:

Definitely Brian's bird but you could have edited the sound of his gun shot out to claim it 😂

Sorry you've got the lockdown.  Welcome to what we've been through for a month in England, try and stay sane 🥵

Are you getting the same as we've had, i.e. pest control/fowling/rough shooting still allowed or is it just all kaput?

Currently all is kaput. Fishing has just been clarified as allowed yesterday. So maybe, just maybe some shooting will be ruled in!

7 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

Al is duck shooting banned with this lockdown asking short notice been on country side alliance web still confused 😐 

I spoke with BASC to clarify - as it stands we aren't allowed to go duck shooting. Things are moving though - fishing was deemed to be ok (under certain restrictions) on Wednesday. I think there's a lot of pressure to have it extended to wildfowling etc. 

5 hours ago, fandango said:

As always brilliant 

Can you do a boxed set that lasts a couple of hours each as I could watch these all day 

Thanks for the compliment! 

All the editing would cause a divorce in my house!

10 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

Thanks Big Al I was confused with country side alliance website looks likely I’m in the house for 2 weeks 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Aye. Me too.