RIP Diego Maradona

Delwint

33 minutes ago, Delwint said:

Maradona has passed away. Despite robbing us with the Hand of God goal. He was an excellent football player 

His second goal in that same game was sublime and demonstrated why he was one of the best ever, if not the best, to play the game.

A desperately flawed individual for sure, but a phenomenal footballing talent. 

Being good at what you do is no indication of the kind of man you are. It's sad that a person has died, but as has been mentioned, the drinking, the drugs, the outbursts all tarnish whatever hand he was dealt in terms of footballing ability. He, like too many others goes into the category of 'a great player but...'

2 hours ago, grrclark said:

His second goal in that same game was sublime and demonstrated why he was one of the best ever, if not the best, to play the game.

A desperately flawed individual for sure, but a phenomenal footballing talent. 

Agree completely for that second goal he danced through our defence like they didn't exist the best goal ever. 

I agree with most comments. A genius, for me personally the best footballer ever as he plied his trade when defenders were allowed to kick the living daylights out of their opponents. His second goal against England is rated as the best goal of all time and rightly so. But he flawed and made many mistakes. The biggest crime for myself as a Sheffield United fan is that we refused to sign when was 16. What a mistake that was

I find no surprise in his demise.  Man abused himself for years. To watch the deluded turn out and run down the streets crying is ridiculous. You'd think he was there best mate. Unless it's all his dealers trying to get paid what's owed. He kicked a bag of wind about, was no idol to be looked upto, no role model for younger players. A cheat and waste of time as a man.