GMP SGC grant update

Batler

Hi all,

I just thought I'd share the information that I've just received regarding shotgun certificate grants from GMP.

I rang them enquiring about my application I put in around August and I was told that they've only just started Februarys applications. The website says they've been accepting grants for a while now and she said they've been accepting them but not processing them which I find a little misleading.

I thought I'd put this up for anyone who might have an application in or was thinking about it, you've still got a very long wait!

Just think of the amount of money they will be putting in for on overtime every month to catch up! To me the covid thing has become a convenient excuse for laziness on the part of some already quite lazy police forces on the mainland, this coming from an outsider reading peoples reports on the issue on here. Our operations in northern ireland seem to be slightly better organised although different in operation as all our guns are held as a firearms certificate, maybe this streamlines our service somewhat?

On 26/11/2020 at 10:23, Batler said:

Hi all,

I just thought I'd share the information that I've just received regarding shotgun certificate grants from GMP.

I rang them enquiring about my application I put in around August and I was told that they've only just started Februarys applications. The website says they've been accepting grants for a while now and she said they've been accepting them but not processing them which I find a little misleading.

I thought I'd put this up for anyone who might have an application in or was thinking about it, you've still got a very long wait!

GMP want to transfer a few staff from the road safety dept I bet they are far more efficient, can’t see them still dealing with last February’s speeding fines 😀

• 4 months later...
On 26/11/2020 at 10:23, Batler said:

Hi all,

I’ve had the exact same response this morning, “we have only just started processing applications received in February 2020....blah blah blah” so five months after your generic reply, they’re still pumping out the same one.

No wonder GMP is in special measures, they’re not fit for purpose.

He just asked about my experience with guns and went through my answers on the application form with me. Talked about security etc.

I don't have my safe in yet as I wanted his advice on it so he said once it's all approved he'll come back with the certificate to check the safe and if all's ok he'll hand it over