Guns on pegs video

howzat

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw this yesterday, via an email I was sent. It’s no wonder newbies like myself can’t get permission with people like this operating! I get that you can’t blame the farmers.....money talks after all.

after reading the blurb that accompanied the video it seemed like it’s normally four shooters per day so at the cap of £1,000 that’s £4K a day = absolutely ridiculous in my eyes. At that money I’d rather sell all of the equipment I’ve acquired and put the money into clay shooting and that’s coming from someone that couldn’t be more eager to get out in the field. 

1 hour ago, JTaylor91 said:

Jesus, I owe JDog a lot of money. Delete this before he sees it.

Too late, the invoice is in the post.

6 minutes ago, mellors said:

Suppose it would save a lot of time and effort driving round looking for them. 

Very droll.

2 hours ago, howzat said:

Just seen the Guns on pegs video, a " Mr Pigeon " offering a days pigeon decoying all equipment provided for only £250 a day, plus £2.50 for every shot taken, it could cost as little as £1000 for a days pigeon shooting, what a bargain, or are they nuts.

If you were allowed to keep your shot Pigeons then I would say a complete bargain , just think you could get up to ten pence for each fresh pigeon , although it might cost you more for fuel than what you would get for your Pigeons , with all the talk on here lately about the lack of shooting situations then where on earth do these so called guides take you for some shooting , mind you I wouldn't mind dropping three or four blokes off on some of rape fields for £250 and any shots they take they can have them free of charge, now that is what you call a bargain , 

Nice little earner if you can find people daft enough to pay that sort of money .

1 hour ago, Rob85 said:

I reckon for 1000quid you could buy your own shotgun licence, gun, cartridges and with some shopping around and some luck to get your cert before the end of the season.....a days walked up game shooting.

Imagine paying that 3-4 times a year for 3 years.

i reckon for £12000 you could buy the shooting rights on a couple of farms. Or just buy your own fields and let a farmer plant crops for a fee, and you still have the shooting, and the asset held.

Some people literally have more money than sense

1 hour ago, southeastpete said:

Imagine paying that 3-4 times a year for 3 years.

i reckon for £12000 you could buy the shooting rights on a couple of farms. Or just buy your own fields and let a farmer plant crops for a fee, and you still have the shooting, and the asset held.

Some people literally have more money than sense

Maybe he has and is trying to raise the money for next year’s rentals 

5 hours ago, B725 said:

Maybe send send the link to Balotelli as he aint got ant pigeons to shoot then he can tell us all about it.

What is an "ant pigeon"? It's not a species that I'm familiar with.  Do enlighten Forum members and maybe add some photos for clarity. Little wonder that shooting days are so expensive with such an unusual quarry.