CV19 Travel

grahamch

I live in a tier 4 area but i shoot in a tier 3 area (1 mile into it) so it means i cant go, another area i shoot is tier 4 as well but i am not allowed to travel outside my county border so i cant get to that  bit either😢

The frustrating bit is i am furloghed at the moment so i have all the time in the world to shoot but cant get there.

1 hour ago, Dave at kelton said:

Official Scottish approach is no travel from England unless for essential purposes as I read it. Tier 2 in England is not the same as it is in Scotland.

When are you going to get rid of the wee Jimmy Crankie numpty? She'll have country sports wrecked soon

Its madness, i live just south of Bristol and the area has been put in tier3 because we 'travel to work' from here to Bristol.. Ive been working at home since March. Been to Bristol 5 times in that. Yet Bath and North east Somerset which is a 10 minute drive from me is tier2, guess no one there works in Bristol?!? 

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

Westley - you have to laugh about the lockdown. More holes than a colander and dreamt up by a halfwit.

No worries AVB.  I was at a shoot at the weekend in my council area (so allowed travel) but there were a couple of beaters there (paid work = allowed travel) from another council area who ended up shooting, which wouldn't be allowed travel. Fortunately, they brought their guns with them.

26 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

From what I can make out tier 3 should only travel outside there areas for work 

but I can’t find out if we can travel into tier 3 for shooting from tier 2 

From the gov.U.K. Website. for tier 3. 

“you can continue to travel to venues or amenities which are open, but should aim to reduce the number of journeys you make where possible”

nothing about work only  

where ever you go "allegedly" you take your tier status with you. So a tier 3 person from Bristol drives down to Cornwall (Tier 1) they are still subject to Tier 3 restrictions like not mixing in households or going to pubs and restaurants.

So says the Cornwall Website

Not that anybody is going to take a blind bit of notice of course

4 hours ago, Vince Green said:

where ever you go "allegedly" you take your tier status with you. So a tier 3 person from Bristol drives down to Cornwall (Tier 1) they are still subject to Tier 3 restrictions like not mixing in households or going to pubs and restaurants.

Using that logic if you travel from a tier 1 area to a tier 2 you could still demand your drink in a pub without food being served! 

14 minutes ago, AVB said:

Using that logic if you travel from a tier 1 area to a tier 2 you could still demand your drink in a pub without food being served! 

The pubs round her in tier 2 will be offering beans on toast for £1.50 so I am reliably told

Edited by Vince Green

5 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Apparently the police in the Borders at stopping cars with non local and english plates and asking reasons for travel